Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Entry : free
Address : Gurudwara Bangla Sahib Road, Bangla Sahib Road, Hanuman Road Area, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi, India
More Travel Tips from Delhi
Why to visit Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Formerly Raja Jai Singh's bungalow-sized home, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib now serves as a revered destination for all Sikh believers. This golden-domed gurudwara is adjacent to Connaught Place on "Baba Kharag Singh Marg," and it is frequented by people from many nations, races, and religions.
Highlights of the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib:
- The complex of Gurudwara Bangla Sahib includes a major prayer hall, a sacred Sarovar or lake, a higher secondary school, a hospital, Baba Baghel Singh Museum, and a library.
- Visitors are given "Kada Prasad" and at a specific hour, free langar or "community meals" are distributed.
- It also includes a tourist house called a "Yatri Niwas." The nearly 24-hour-long Paath and Shabads (holy chants) connect you directly to the heavenly power.
Architecture of the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib:
- The Bangla Sahib building is a stunning illustration of Sikh construction.
- The entire structure is made of beautiful white marble, and solid gold leaves cover the centre dome.
- A number of smaller domes and complex projection carvings are also present on the front wall.
Things to do at Gurudwara Bangla Sahib:
- You may go to the prayer sessions.
- Spend some calm time along the Sarovar's banks.
- Additionally, you can volunteer to clean floors and offer to help in the kitchen, serve at the langar, hand out water, or take care of the devotees' shoes as they approach the gate.
- You can read the books in the Gurudwara's library to find out more about the Sikh religion.
Entry Fee :
Best Time to Visit :
Avoid peak afternoon time as the marble flooring tend to get hot
Not allowed inside the campus. Selfies are strictly prohibited
FAQ on Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
How to reach Gurudwara Bangla Sahib?
Both the Blue and Yellow lines of the metro are convenient ways to get here. If you're taking the blue line metro, get out at Rajiv Chowk. The Gurudwara, which is located 2.8 kilometres from the station, can also be reached by auto-rickshaw. The Yellow line's Patel Chowk metro station is the closest one. The distance between it and the Gurudwara is two kilometres. Bangladesh Sahib
What attractions are near Gurudwara Bangla Sahib?
Attractions near Gurudwara Bangla Sahib: (0.01 km) Baba Baghel Singh Sikh Heritage Multimedia Museum (0.19 km) State Emporia Complex (0.19 km) Akshara Theatre
What restaurants are near Gurudwara Bangla Sahib?
Restaurants near Gurudwara Bangla Sahib: (0.25 km) Chutney Bar + Tandoor (0.07 km) Bangla Pastry Shop (0.19 km) Indian Coffee House
What hotels are near Gurudwara Bangla Sahib?
Hotels near Gurudwara Bangla Sahib: (0.11 km) OYO 18633 Blue Triangle Family Hostel (0.18 km) YMCA Tourist Hostel (0.21 km) OYO 75804 Hotel J J International
Don't come bare head when you visit the Gurudwara. You must cover it, under no circumstances. Wear something that completely envelops you from your shoulders to your knees. Visit the Gurudwara in the morning or the evening during the summer months as these times are a little bit cooler than the midday hours.
By Rebecca Lal
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com