Open Time : 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Ulsoor Lake, Halasuru, Sivanchetti Gardens, Bengaluru, Karnataka
More Travel Tips from Bangalore
Why to visit Ulsoor Lake
The Ulsoor Lake, one of Bangalore's biggest bodies of water, spans a 50-hectare area. Sir Lewin Bentham Bowring constructed Ulsoor Lake. Take a seat, stroll about the park's perimeter, or take a few pictures of the rare birds that make this area home.
- Boating: The boating facilities at Ulsoor Lake are among the best things to discover. There are a few islands scattered around the lake that can be reached by boat. The cost of rowing across Ulsoor Lake is about INR 100 per hour.
- Ganesh Chaturathi: The festive Ganesh Chaturthi event is the one with the most colour at Ulsoor Lake. August or September are the typical months when it happens. Here, one can witness the spectacle of dance, music, and customs. The massive Ganesha idol is submerged in the lake.
- Swimming: There is a campus nearby the lake where you can go swimming. Along with it, there is a Gurudwara beside the lake, one of the most important Sikh religious sites in Bangalore.
- Birdwatching: Go birdwatching and see a diverse range of feathered creatures such as Common Herons, Cranes, Brahminy Kites, and others.
- Photography: Display your photographic talent by taking some Instagram-worthy shots.
- Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha (1.5 km)
- Sri Someshwara Swamy Temple (2 km)
- Mary’s Basilica (3 km)
- Mark’s Cathedral (3 km)
- Cubbon Park (4 km)
- KAARA by the Lake (220 m)
- Shanti Sagar (350 m)
- Moto Store and Café (500 m)
- Watson’s Ulsoor (750 m)
- Moriz Nano (800 m)
- Commercial Street (2 km)
- MG Road (3 km)
- Brigade Road (3.5 km)
- 1 MG Lido Mall (2.5 km)
- Garuda Mall (2.5 km)
Distance from Bangalore Railway Station: 7.5 km
Best time to visit: August and September
Ideal Duration: 1 hour
FAQ on Ulsoor Lake
How to reach Ulsoor Lake?
Ulsoor Lake can be accessible by a variety of public transportation alternatives due to its central location. From MG Road, you may either take an auto-rickshaw to the lake or take the metro to the Ulsoor or Trinity Metro Stations. Ulsoor, M. G. Road, CMH Road, Ulsoor Road, and Ulsoor Lake stop are all accessible by bus from Ulsoor. In addition to these, you may always take a taxi to get where you need to go.
Does Ulsoor Lake require a charge to enter?
Ulsoor Lake does not require a fee for entry.
How much does boating at Ulsoor Lake cost?
Boating in Ulsoor Lake costs about INR 100 per person. At the desk there, you can purchase tickets.
What are the nearby attractions close to Ulsoor Lake?
The nearby attractions include: Gurdwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha (1.5 km), Sri Someshwara Swamy Temple (2 km), and Mary’s Basilica (3 km).
What are the nearby restaurants close to Ulsoor Lake?
The nearby restaurants include: KAARA by the Lake (220 m), Shanti Sagar (350 m), and Moto Store and Café (500 m).
What time of year is ideal for visiting Ulsoor Lake?
Ulsoor Lake Bangalore is best visited between August and September. Visit the lake during these months if you wish to see the lavish Ganesh Chaturthi festival. Every year, there is a huge celebration of Ganesh Chaturthi.
There are a few cafeterias nearby where you may grab a drink in the late evening. This location has public restrooms.
By Mehrosh Shamim