Open Time : Everyday Morning 4:30 am to 5:00 am. Monday to Friday: 7:15 am to 1:00 pm 4:00 pm to 8:20 pm.
Entry : free
Address : ISKCON Temple Bangalore, Chord Road, 1st R Block, Rajajinagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
More Travel Tips from Bangalore
Why to visit ISKCON Temple
ISKCON Temple is renowned for its engagement-based events that draw fervent Krishna followers. The temple enrols lifelong members and organises Krishna consciousness and Lord awareness initiatives in local community centres. The temple community also arranges musical performances and public procession prayers honouring Krishna.
The architectural significance of ISKCON Temple, Bangalore:
- The ISKCON temple in Bangalore is known for its stunning architecture and is one of the biggest ISKCON complexes in the world.
- This temple's gilded Kalash Shikharas, which is at a height of 8.5 metres, is second in prominence to its gold-plated flag pole, which stands at a height of 17 metres.
- The ISKCON temple, a prime example of neoclassical architecture, is adorned with the most stunning type of stone carvings.
Highlights of the ISKCON Temple, Bangalore:
- The temple has a theatre where Vedic films are shown, a lecture hall, a Vedic Museum, and an exhibition space.
- The ISKCON temple is decorated with Shri Radhe Krishna statues.
- Children take classes in cultural education.
- There are youth programmes.
- There are spiritual programmes conducted.
Entry Fee: No entry fee
Best Time to Visit: October-February
FAQ on ISKCON Temple
What is the entrance charge to the Bangalore ISKCON temple?
There is no entrance fee for guests at the ISKCON temple in Bangalore. However, one can contribute to the temple's maintenance by making a donation.
When is the ideal time to visit Bangalore's ISKCON Temple?
The festival season, which starts with Sri Krishna Balarama Ratha Yatra and includes Ram Navami, Brahmostsav, Sri Gauri Purnima, Sri Nityananda Trayodashi, and many other festivals throughout the year, is the ideal time to visit the ISKON Temple in Bangalore.
How to reach ISKCON Temple, Bangalore?
On the Hare Krishna Hills in North Bangalore, there is an ISKCON temple. Through a variety of transportation options, it is well connected to the city's many neighbourhoods. The Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation manages the city's enormous bus network (BMTC). The Hare Krishna Hills are easily accessible by bus. Mahalakshmi Station is the metro stop that is most nearby to the temple. There is only a 5-minute walk to the temple. You can also take a taxi to the temple from anywhere in the city as an alternative.
What attractions are near ISKCON Temple, Bangalore?
Sankey Tank and Gandhi Bhavan are the places of attractions near ISKCON Temple, Bangalore.
What restaurants are near ISKCON Temple, Bangalore?
The Higher Taste, Annakuta Restaurant and Maxims Restaurant are the restaurants near ISKCON Temple, Bangalore.
It is completely forbidden to use tobacco, alcohol, or other intoxicants on the holy grounds. Inside the temple, photography is not permitted. Before you enter the building, take off your shoes.
By Rebecca Lal
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org