Gulab Bagh and Zoo
Open Time : 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Entry : paid
Address : Khanjipeer, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
More Travel Tips from Udaipur
Why to visit Gulab Bagh and Zoo
Gulab Bagh, commonly known as the Udaipur Zoo, occupies a 100-acre area. Being the largest garden in Udaipur, it is a must-see location for anyone who enjoys nature. The garden contains a wide variety of items that are both important to its magnificent appearance and aesthetically pleasing. These unique sights are something to treasure.
Highlights of the Gulab Bagh and Zoo:
- A Navlakha Mahal, a sacred location for parents to visit, and a sizable artificial water feature called Kamal Talai contribute to the palace's magnificence.
- This zoo is a fantastic destination for family vacations and not just for animal enthusiasts.
Things to do at Gulab Bagh and Zoo:
- Arya Samaj uses the Navlakha Mahal as a place of worship. It is situated in the Gulab Bagh's most central region.
- For a very little fee, both adults and children can ride a small toy railway inside the zoo. The Love Kush station is where the toy train leaves and arrives.
- Various animals are kept in cages in the zoo, which is situated in the garden.
- A large artificial water body called Kamal Talai is located in the northeastern corner of the garden. Its form is oval.
Entrance Fee at Gulab Bagh and Zoo:
- Garden: INR 25 per person
- Zoo: INR 5 per person
- Camera: INR 15 per person
FAQ on Gulab Bagh and Zoo
How to reach Gulab Bagh and Zoo?
Renting an air-conditioned taxi is the best choice if you want a comfortable travel to the Gulab Bagh and Zoo. If you don't mind a bumpy but exciting and reasonably priced journey, you may take an auto for INR 100 from the bus stop to the Gulab Bagh and Zoo, which are about 10 minutes apart. While it only costs about INR 15 to travel to Gulab Bagh and the Zoo, riding in a tonga may be fun and affordable.
When is the best time to visit Gulab Bagh and Zoo?
The Gulab Bagh in Udaipur is best visited between the months of September and March.
How far is the airport from Gulab Bagh in Udaipur?
There are 21 kilometres between Gulab Bagh and the Zoo and Udaipur Airport (UDR). The 24 km distance is on a road.
What is the history of the Gulab Bagh in Udaipur?
Maharana Fateh Singh constructed Gulab Bagh, popularly known as Sajjan Niwas Garden, in 1887. Throughout the entire semi-continent, it is the fourth-oldest zoo. It is regarded as one of Rajasthan's most beautiful and expansive gardens and covers 66 acres of land.
You are welcome to take photos, so bring your camera. Please do not discard any plastic bottles or packets in the garden because we are responsible for protecting mother nature.
By Suraj Seth
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org