Open Time : 08:00 am to 05:30 pm
Entry : paid
Address : Shaniwar Wada, Shaniwar Peth, Pune, Maharashtra, India
More Travel Tips from Pune
Why to visit Shaniwar Wada
An outstanding illustration of Maratha Imperial architecture from earlier times in India is Shaniwar Wada. It recounts the history of the Maratha Kingdom, which witnessed each significant development in Peshwas' life as it happened.
Things to see inside Shaniwar Wada:
- You can see the substantial stone walls built to surround the stunning Shaniwar Wada, which demonstrates the level of security offered to the populace of the kingdom.
- Another illustration of how secure the palace was created is the exquisite wooden gate which has long spikes that hangs from the walls and reflects Mughal design.
- In addition to this, there is a garden that is designed in the Mughal manner.
- In the centre of the garden is a magnificent fountain that resembles a 16-petaled lotus.
- Also, the Hindu mythical epics Ramayana and Mahabharata are shown in art in a variety of paintings
Shaniwar Light and Sound Show :
- The Shaniwar Wada Light and Sound Show begins at 7:30 p.m. after the sunset.
- Despite the fact that the ticket counter opens at 7:00 p.m., you should arrive early to beat the crowds.
- The first show begins at 7:30 p.m. in Marathi, and the second one begins at 8:30 p.m. in Hindi.
- You can watch light, picture, and video projections over a water fountain while listening to the story of Shivaji and Shaniwar Wada during the performance.
Entry fees at Shaniwar Wada :
- About INR 5 per person for Indians
- About INR 125 per person for Foreigners
- Approx INR 25 per person for Light and Sound show
FAQ on Shaniwar Wada
How to reach Shaniwar Wada?
Shaniwar Wada is located 12 KM from Pune Airport. This lovely palace can be reached in about 15 minutes. The best way to go on this route would be to take a cab or an auto from the airport to the fort.
When is the ideal time to visit Shaniwar Wada?
The best months to visit Shaniwar Wada are from October to February. Since the weather is pleasant and not bitterly cold at this time of year. Additionally, as it is immediately following the monsoon, the Wada's garden will be thriving with greenery and vibrant flower colours, improving your experience.
What are the attractions to visit near Shaniwar Wada?
Attractions near Shaniwar Wada: (0.22 km) Five Senses Tours (0.32 km) Shree Omkareshwar Temple (0.39 km) Vijay Cinema
What restaurants are near Shaniwar Wada?
Restaurants near Shaniwar Wada: (0.19 km) Sukanta Pure Veg Indian Thali (0.20 km) Tadka (0.20 km) Sanskruti
What hotels are near Shaniwar Wada?
Hotels near Shaniwar Wada: (0.25 km) OYO Rooms Balgandharva JM Road (0.40 km) Hotel Shreyas (0.26 km) OYO 14929 River View
Put on some comfortable shoes so you can comfortably explore the palace. Keep in mind that the paths are uneven and not ideal for strollers or those with disabilities. There is nothing to eat or drink inside the complex. As a result, it is wise to bring your water bottle. To get the most out of your trip, visit the location either in the morning or the evening.
By Suraj Seth