Open Time : 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Mussoorie Library, Library Road, Library Bazar, The Mall Road, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Mussoorie
Why to visit Library Bazaar
Conveniently situated on Mussoorie's busy Mall Road is Library Bazaar. The bazaar's round layout makes it easy to navigate, and it is lined with several little stores and food stalls. This market is a treat for shoppers with a wide selection of conventional goods.
The location's proximity to a vintage library constructed in the mid-19th century in the manner of the Victorian era gave rise to its moniker. The market is frequently referred to as Gandhi Chowk since it is home to a statue of Mahatma Gandhi.
Highlights of the Library Bazaar:
- From Chinese vases, mementos, trinkets, precious stones, handmade wooden boxes, hand-knit cardigans, pashmina shawls, Tibetan prayer wheels, and more, it has something for everyone.
- The Library Bazaar also offers mouthwatering street cuisine, regional knickknacks, and artisan jewellery, among other bric-o-brac.
- In addition, there are countless restaurants, hotels, and roadside stands to satisfy your appetite.
- You can also visit the Laxmi Narayan temple, the Gurudwara Singh Sabha, the Amania mosque, and the Christ Church, which are all close to the Library Bazaar.
- Benog Wildlife Sanctuary (0.2 km)
- Gun Hill (0.6 km)
- Mussoorie Christ Church (0.6 km)
- Company Garden (1.1 km)
- The Grand Dining (69 m)
- The Writer’s Bar (0.2 km)
- Cafe Tea Totaler (0.4 km)
- Cafe Garaage (0.5 km)
Ideal duration: 1-2 hours (approx)
Opening & closing time: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
FAQ on Library Bazaar
How can I get to the Library Bazaar?
The Library Bazaar is located on the Mall Road in the centre of the city and may be accessed on foot or by local rickshaws.
What are the nearby attractions around Library Bazaar?
The nearby attractions include: Benod Wildlife Sanctuary (0.2 km), Gun Hill (0.6 km), and Mussoorie Christ Church (0.6 km).
What are the nearby restaurants around Library Bazaar?
The nearby restaurants include: The Grand Dining (69 m), The Writer’s Bar (0.2 km), and Cafe Tea Totaler (0.4 km).
What can you buy at the Library Bazaar that is the best?
You can buy a wide variety of souvenirs here, including Chinese vases, mementos, trinkets, precious stones, handmade wooden boxes, hand-knit cardigans, pashmina shawls, and more.
What are the most well-known local delicacies at Library Bazaar?
Chole Bhature and samosas from Laxmi Msithan Bhandar are available at Library Bazaar. You can also try an omelette fried in butter with tea at a roadside stand.
Be sure to bargain for the price before choosing a product. You might be duped into selling items at inflated prices by the shopkeepers.
By Inaaya Sharma
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org