Open Time : 10:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m
Entry : free
Address : Charleville, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Mussoorie
Why to visit Happy Valley
Happy Valley is incredibly well-known for holding the Municipal Garden, IAS Academy, and Tibetan temples. It is also known for its estates, temples, and gardens. Visitors to the area can also stroll from Happy Valley to the Kala School, which connects to the Hathipaon Park Estate. It is located on the western side of Library Point. From there, the road continues to the Cloud's End, where Mussoorie's boundaries end.
Things to do at Happy Valley:
- Pay a visit to the monastery that the 14th Dalai Lama founded and worship to Lord Buddha there.
- Observe each and every nook and cranny of Happy Valley.
- Look closely at the beautiful flowers, especially orchids, that are flourishing there.
- Visit the Happy Valley souvenir shops and pick up some keepsakes for your family and friends.
- Taste the delectable Tibetan cuisine served locally.
Interesting facts about Happy Valley:
- The 14th Dalai Lama first resided in India's Happy Valley after seeking asylum there during the Chinese army's conquest of Tibet.
- Many of the Dalai Lama's supporters who had previously sought refuge in Happy Valley now call it their permanent home.
- There is currently a monastery there that publicizes Buddhism's heavenly word. There is a school where, in addition to receiving a rigorous education, children are taught to uphold their Tibetan culture.
How to reach?
The Happy Valley is a 2-kilometer walk from the Library Bazaar. As a result, this location is easily accessible by renting a car or hiking a short distance.
Entry Fee: Nil
Best Time To Visit: November to March
Visiting Duration: 1-2 hours
FAQ on Happy Valley
When is the best time to visit Happy Valley?
The Happy Valley is available year-round for exploration. However, if you want to take part in the festive activities, it is advised that you go there on December 10. However the ideal months to visit is in
What are the places to visit near Happy Valley?
Kempty Falls, Camel’s Back Road and Bhatta Falls are the places to visit near Happy Valley.
What are the restaurants near Happy Valley?
Little Llama Café, Café Ivy and Kalsang are the restaurants near Happy Valley.
How to reach Happy Valley?
In Mysore, you can trek to the Happy Valley or rent a car to get there. Your trip to Happy Valley could take between an hour and two hours. The closest railway station is Dejradun Railway Station, the closest airport is Jolly Airport, and the closest roads are Library Bus Stand, Cart Road, and The Mall Road in Mussoorie.
Is there any entry fee required to visit Happy Valley?
No entry fee is required to visit Happy Valley.
If you want to participate in Tibetan cultural events, try to book your tickets for the month of December. Keep in mind to bring a bottle of water because you will likely be standing for a long period of time. The exquisite orchids that grow there organically should not be removed. The flowers appear much more lovely where they belong.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com