Benog Wildlife Sanctuary
Open Time : 7:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m
Entry : free
Address : Mussorie Range, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Mussoorie
Why to visit Benog Wildlife Sanctuary
Established in 1993, Benog Wildlife Sanctuary is also known as Vinog Mountain Quail Sanctuary. This stunning sanctuary, which covers an area of roughly 339 hectares, is a birdwatcher's paradise. The area is renowned for the unusual bird species that live there.
Highlights of the Benog Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Numerous exotic bird species, like the Red-Billed Blue Magpie and White-Capped Water Redstart, are housed in the sanctuary.
- Since its final sighting in 1876, the Mountain Quail, also known as the Pahari Bater, is now thought to be extinct.
- The Himalayan goat, panther, leopard, deer, and bear are just a few of the uncommon and common animals that call this place home.
Things to see near Benog Wildlife Sanctuary:
- This sanctuary offers stunning vistas of snow-capped mountains including Chaukhamba and Bandar Punch. The sanctuary is traversed by the Aglar River, a tributary of the Yamuna River.
- The area is perfect for bird watchers and others who enjoy the outdoors due to its picturesque charm and lush green environs.
- Beautiful sunrise views may be seen from here. Treks can be taken by visitors to experience the area's wilderness.
Entry Fee: No entry fee
Best Time To Visit: September to March
Time Duration: 2-3 hours
Nearest Bus Stand: Library Bus Stand (11 km)
Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun Railway Station (30 km)
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport (60 km)
FAQ on Benog Wildlife Sanctuary
How to reach Benog Wildlife Sanctuary?
From Dehradun and Mussoorie, you can hire cabs and buses to get to the sanctuary. Another option is to hike 3–4 kilometres upwards from Cloud's End to this reserve.
When is the best time to visit Benog Wildlife Sanctuary?
The Benog Wildlife Sanctuary is a popular tourist destination that receives many visitors. All throughout the year, visitors from all over the world, particularly bird watchers, come to this location. But between September and March is the best time to enjoy a good, quality time at Benog Wildlife Sanctuary.
What are the places to visit near Benog Wildlife Sanctuary?
Nearby attractions include George Everest's House, Cloud's End, and Jwalaji Temple.
What are the hotels near to Benog Wildlife Sanctuary?
Nearby Hotels include: Amber Vermont Estate (5.3 Km, 20min) WelcomHotel The Savoy (6.4 Km, 27min) Treebo Trend Mayur (6.5 Km, 28min)
What restaurants are near Benog Wildlife Sanctuary?
Restaurants near Benog Wildlife Sanctuary: The Royal Afghan (0.21 km) The Grand Dining Hall (0.24 km) Uphar (0.11 km)
This sanctuary paves the way for wonderful trekking experience. If you plan to indulge in trekking, carry your comfortable clothes, trekking shoes, snacks, water bottle etc.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org