Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Dalai Hills, Dalahill, Charleville, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Mussoorie
Why to visit Dalai Hills
Dalai Hills is one amongst the many majestic sites located in Mussoorie. It is draped with the Buddhist Prayer Flags all over and features a statue of Lord Buddha created by 20th regional Tibetan youth Congress, Mussoorie to avoid disease, war, and natural disaster that happened on 13 June 2014.
Highlights of Dalai Hills:
- The views make this place ideal for photography, camping, picnics with family, and watching the sun set.
- In the valley, you may visit Shedup Choephelling and Tibetan Temple, as well as Dalai Hill.
- You can also visit the Buddha Temple and a variety of monasteries nearby.
- For those who enjoy trekking, the Dalai Hills are a delight. Many hikes leave from the Dalai Hills and travel through dense forests that are home to a variety of flora and fauna.
How to reach:
- By Road: From the ISBT Kashmiri Gate Bus Stand in New Delhi, there are numerous buses that go to Dehradun and Mussoorie. Use a taxi, bus, or cab to get to Mussoorie. Get to the library bus stop.
- By Rail: The Dehradun Railway Station, which is 37 KM away from Dalai Hills, has the closest rail access. There are numerous trains that travel to Dehradun from cities like LKO, NewDelhi, etc.
- By Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, which is 62 KM away from Dalai Hills, is the closest airport for air travel. From Jolly Grant Airport, you can also take a bus or a bike rental. After that, continue from Mussoorie to the Happy Valley, which is about 3 KM away from the Mussoorie Library Bus Stand. The Tibetan Temple in the Happy Valley is 400 meters away from the Dalai Hills.
Places to visit near Dalai Hills:
- Dhobighat (1.5 km)
- Benog Hills (8 km)
- Cloud’s End (6.5 km)
- Wishing Well (9 km)
- Bachan Dhaba
- Chauhan Cafe N Restaurant
- Danda Cafe
- Sevenz Restaurant and Rooms
Ideal duration: 1 hour (approx)
Best time to visit: Summer season
FAQ on Dalai Hills
How do I get to Dalai Hills?
From Jolly Grant Airport, you can take a taxi or cab to Mussoorie or take a bus. Then proceed from Mussoorie to the Happy Valley, which is about 3 km from the Library Bus Stand in Mussoorie. The Tibetan Temple in Happy Valley is around 400 metres away from the Dalai Hills.
What are the restaurants close to Dalai Hills?
The closest restaurants include: Mandala Coffee Shop (21 mins away), Namgyal Cafe (32 mins away), and Olives Kitchen (20 mins away).
What are the attractions close to Dalai Hills?
The closest attractions include: Company Garden (12 mins away), Shedup Choepelling Temple (2 mins away), and George Everest House (29 mins away).
Is the Dalai Hills trek difficult?
Dalai Hills are located 400 metres from the Tibetan Temple in the Happy Valley, and the trek falls under the easy to moderate category. You can take a taxi or cab up to the Tibetan Temple.
What time of year is ideal for visiting Dalai Hills?
The ideal season to explore Dalai Hills Mussoorie is summer. The summer months are lovely and clear. The hill can be traversed by tourists via hiking or trekking.
Take some food with you if you're planning a trek to the Dalai Hills because you can get hungry after a short, steep walk. But do not contaminate the environment or take your trash with you when you go; do not leave a mess; do not take advantage of the location.
By Inaaya Sharma
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com