Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
More Travel Tips from Bangalore
Why to visit Vineyard Tour
One of the coolest and most fascinating things to do during the cooler months is to visit the different vineyards hidden in the Bangalore suburbs. Enjoy the day learning and observing the process of wine production, and then reward your taste buds with the decadent richness of bottled elixirs.
Some of Bangalore's well-known vineyards that you should check out:-
Grover Zampa Vineyards:
It is the most well-known vineyard around Bangalore, situated on the Nandi Hills slopes about 50 km to the northeast of Bangalore, spread over 400 acres.
- You can witness complete winemaking process, that includes the harvesting, crushing, filtering, fermentation, storage, bottling, labelling, and packaging steps.
- Grape stomping is an additional activity that you can participate in for a price.
- The tour concludes with a wine tasting of the five various varieties of wine, a buffet feast prepared by in-house chefs.
- Timings: 10:30 am to 1:00 pm & 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- INR 1000 per/person on Saturday-Sunday
- INR 850 per/person on the weekdays.
- Reservation for advance grape stomping session: INR 500 per person.
- Address: Raghunathapur, Doddaballapur Main Rd, Bengaluru.
Big Banyan Vineyard:
It is close to Bangalore's Dodda Alada Mara, or Big Banyan Tree, adds intrigue to its wine tour by pairing 10 special cheeses with six distinctive wines.
- You can opt for guided tour
- Three packages available:
- The tour and no wine tastings (INR 118 per person)
- The second lets you sample four wines (INR 354 per person)
- The third package lets you sample six wines (INR 1150 per person)
- Timing: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Cost: INR 500 onwards
- Address: Chunchunkuppe, Tavarakere, Near Big Banyan Tree, Bengaluru.
Domain Sula Vineyards:
It is situated in Channapatna and offers the chance to discover more about wine tourism, winemaking, and tasting. A wine tasting session and a vineyard tour can be finished in about two hours.
- The vineyards offer an incredible variety of red, white, rosé, and sparkling wines that one may sample and purchase.
- Restaurants like Little Italy and Rasa, which provide wine pairings for a culinary feast, are some of the dining alternatives here.
- You can buy your preferred wine bottles as well as entertaining memorabilia for friends and family.
- Timings: 10:30 am to 7:30 pm
- INR 400 per person on weekdays
- INR 600/- per person on weekends
- Address: Gangedoddi Village, Chekkere Post, Bangalore.
Other vineyards of Bangalore to explore:
- Heritage Winery (Gangedoddi Village, Chekkere Post, Bangalore)
- Kinvah Valley (Nandivalley winery, Bengaluru)
- SDU Vineyards (Alkpura Village, Chikkaballarpur)
- Alpine Wineries (Holesalu Village, Mysore)
FAQ on Vineyard Tour
How much does a wine tour reservation at Heritage Winery cost?
Each person must pay ₹250 for an hour or two for an excursion. To reserve a grape stomping session in advance, pay INR 500 per person. Free entry for those under the age of ten.
Does Domain Sula allow pets?
They do allow pets, yes. However, the restaurants, tasting room, and resorts do not allow pets due to consideration for other visitors. The vineyards definitely have a special place for you to enjoy with your pet!
How much does a wine tour in Kinvah Valley cost?
At Kinvah Valley, wine tours cost INR 700 per person (without lunch), INR 1500 per person (with lunch), and INR 300 per person for grape stomping.
What time is ideal for visiting Domaine Sula Vineyards?
All seasons are lovely among the vineyards. They find a distinctive and diverse experience for you to enjoy during each season. The lake is filled with water and the vineyards are covered in beautiful greenery throughout the year, making it the perfect getaway.
How much does a wine tour at Grover Zampa Vineyards cost?
The cost of the wine tour in this location is INR 1000 per person on weekends and INR 850 per person on weekdays. To reserve a grape stomping session in advance, pay INR 500 per person.
How to reach Big Banyan Vineyard?
From Bangalore city, take the metro to Nayandhalli/Mysore Road metro station to go to Big Banyan Vineyard. Big Banyan is a 30-minute drive from the metro station.
How to reach Grover Zampa Vineyard?
To get to Grover Zampa Vineyard, which may be reached with any mode of transportation. The vineyard is 45 kilometres from Bangalore's city centre. Via Bellary Rd, you can get there by automobile or taxi.
How to reach Domain Sula Vineyards?
To get to Domain Sula Vineyards, which is very close to Bangalore's city centre. By car or bus, you can get there in 19 minutes via Double Rd/Kengal Hanumanthaiah Rd.
It is advised to explore around as sunsets by vineyards are the greatest when paired with delectable wine.
By Mehrosh Shamim
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com