Open Time : 10:30 am to 8:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Commercial Street, Tasker Town, Shivaji Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
More Travel Tips from Bangalore
Why to visit Commercial Street
Bangalore's Commercial Street is a delight for foodies and shopping alike. A popular nightlife destination, Commercial Street is home to a large number of bars and clubs. The Street is lined with stores selling a variety of goods, including clothing, books, gadgets, and a large range of cuisine.
Here are some lists of things to buy and places to get them:
- Bangles & Accessories: Get stunning bangles in every colour imaginable and gold-plated accessories for that ideal ethnic style. A street here called Jeweller Street is likewise lined with various kinds of jewellery. Here, you may get your belly, nose, or even ears pierced.
- Captivating Handbags & Clutches: The bags and clutches featured here are made of sturdy materials, have stylish designs, gorgeous colours, and go with every outfit.
- Asiatic Arts & Crafts: This boutique is known for its antique wall hangings, rustic bells, elegantly carved key chains, and distinctive clocks. Religious sculptures and paintings are also available.
- Mecca Life Style: This vintage store offers finely produced dinnerware, tea sets, long-necked jugs, lanterns, and mugs. These include vibrant colours and Middle Eastern and Oriental motifs combined.
- Ibrahim Saheb Street & Rumana Collection: On Ibrahim Saheb Street, there are many shops that offer sarees, salwar suits, and materials for incredibly low costs. There are also a variety of patterns and colours for dupattas. Rumana Collection is also a great place to shop if you want to customise your dupattas or get them in silk, georgette, or chiffon.
- LB Prakash & V R Plaza: At L B Prakash, you may find embroidered bridal lehangas, blouses, dresses, and kurta cloth. V R Plaza is also a wonderful choice if you prefer blouses that are trendy, embroidered, or fashioned of Kalamkari and Ikat.
- Star Ethnic Foot Wear & Gollar Lane: To nail the desi look, choose from a huge selection of trendy yet traditional Kolhapuri chappals and jootis! Gollar Lane also sells chic ethnic bags.
- Mary’s Basilica (1km)
- Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (1km)
- M Chinnaswamy Stadium (2km)
- Cubbon Park (2km)
- Mahatma Gandhi Park (2.5km)
- Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park (3km)
- Konark Vegetarian Restaurant (89 m)
- Shiv Sagar (0.1 km)
- Sreeraj Lassi Bar (0.2 km)
- Utse Kitchen (0.5 km)
- Café Imrozé (0.3 km)
- Woody’s (0.1 km)
Best time to visit: October & November
Ideal Duration: 2-3 hours
Things to buy: Jewellery, handbags, designer clothes, footwear.
FAQ on Commercial Street
How to reach Commercial Street?
You should use a private cab, a bus, or an auto rickshaw to get to Commercial Street. To avoid having trouble finding parking for your own car, try to take a cab to this location. You should get off at Mahatma Gandhi Road, Cubbon Park, or Trinity if you want to take the metro to Commercial Street and then hop in a car from there.
What time of day is ideal for visiting Commercial Street?
The months of October and November are the ideal times to visit Commercial Street. The temperatures are lower, and there are less people around during these months. You won't have to struggle to get past the throng to enjoy the street.
What can I buy at the shops on Commercial Street?
Shops on Commercial Street provide practically everything a consumer may want, including purses, shoes, various kinds of clothes, home goods, and more. Both high-end items and more affordable options are available.
What are the hours that Commercial Street is open and closed?
In the heart of the city, Commercial Street is a bustling shopping district. It is open Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 6 pm and on Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm.
What are the nearby attractions close to Commercial Street?
The nearby attractions include: Mary’s Basilica (1km), Andrew’s Presbyterian Church (1km), and M Chinnaswamy Stadium (2km).
What are the nearby hotels close to Commercial Street?
The nearby hotels include: FabHotel High Street (0.17 km), The Monarch Luxur (0.41 km), and AJ International Hotel (0.21 km).
How long does it take to tour Commercial Street?
The Commercial Street may be explored in two to three hours. It has a lot of stores, restaurants, and bars.
Is parking offered on Commercial Street?
The availability of commercial street parking is first-come, first-served. There are no posted time restrictions for parking, however in order to prevent receiving a ticket or being towed, automobiles must be moved every 72 hours.
You will find better prices in the evening, especially when the stores are about to close, although visiting Commercial Street in the morning would allow you more breathing room to peruse the stores. It's simple to spend two or three hours on Commercial Street, so make sure you have comfortable shoes.
By Inaaya Sharma