Bright End Corner
Entry : free
Address : Bright-end corner, Almora Road, Khatyari, Almora, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Almora
Why to visit Bright End Corner
Situated 3 km away from Almora, Bright End Corner offers breathtaking views of sunset and sunrise. This place is dedicated to Swami Vivekanand, where he spent a few days during his stay in the Himalayas. This serene viewpoint has a Vivekanand library situated very close to it.
- It is a convenient small trek of 2 km to reach the top. The place has a serene view of the Himalaya ranges and lush vegetation around.
- The point marks the beginning of the Mall Road at Almora and is named after Mr. Brighton.
- The prime attraction of the place apart from its view, is the aura which the place emits during sunrises and sunsets.
- It is also known for its various meditation centers like Sri Ramakrishna Kutir Ashram.
Things To Do
- There are some local shops nearby to buy some goods.
- Eat out at one of the umpteen options which are available over there.
- Trekking around the area which has a mild and pleasant climate is a fun activity to carry out with a group.
- Tarikhet Village Nature (0.6 km)
- Patal Devi Mandir (1.5 km)
- Kalika Temple (1.7 km)
- Swarnika Restaurant (0.4 km)
- Lali’s Inn and Restaurant (1.2 km)
- Almora Rasoi (2.3 km)
Distance From Almora: 3 km
Ideal Duration: 1 hour
FAQ on Bright End Corner
How to reach the Bright End Corner?
Since the location lies just about 2 kilometers away from Almora, it is mostly visited by people who are on the way to or are going away from it. It can be easily reached by any cab or auto rickshaw. Trekking to the point through a cemented path is also another way to reach here.
What are the nearby attractions close to Bright End Corner?
The nearby attractions include: Tarikhet Village Nature (0.6 km), Patal Devi Mandir (1.5 km), and Kalika Temple (1.7 km).
What are the nearby restaurants close to Bright End Corner?
The nearby restaurants include: Swarnika Restaurant (0.4 km), Lali’s Inn and Restaurant (1.2 km), and Almora Rasoi (2.3 km).
What is the best months to visit Bright End Corner?
The months from April to June are best to visit the spot. Visiting the Bright End Corner at sunrises and sunsets gives one of the most stunning and satisfying views which can ever be experienced.
Make sure not to forget your camera so as to take some great shots. Be careful while reaching and parking at the location as the point is located right at a hairpin bend.
By Aryan Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com