Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Shivala Ghat, Ghats of Varanasi, Shivala, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
More Travel Tips from Varanasi
Why to visit Shivala Ghat
Both historically and religiously, Shivala Ghat is well-known. Around the Ghat, there are a lot of ancient sites. Visitors to this area take pleasure in relaxing on the banks of the beautiful river and having boat rides in it.
Why is it so famous?
- There is a Shiva Temple at this ghat, which serves as a place of prayer for Lord Shiva.
- The abundance of water buffaloes around the ghat is another recognisable image. Here is also where the Mother Teresa Institute of Charity is located.
- The magnificent fortress of Chet Singh, the Nawab's representative in Oudh, is visible.
- King Sanjay Vikram Singh of Nepal's opulent nineteenth-century residence is visible.
- Locals frequently stop by this location to offer their morning prayers or to take a plunge in the sacred River Ganga.
- Chet Singh Ghat (0.1 km)
- Harishchandra Ghat (0.2 km)
- Lali Ghat (0.2 km)
- Kedar Ghat (0.2 km)
- Bread of Life Bakery (0.3 km)
- Iba Cafe & Restaurant (0.4 km)
- Ashish Cafe (0.8 km)
- Aum Cafe (0.8 km)
Distance from Varanasi: 6.2 km
Best Time to Visit: Shivratri
Ideal duration: 30 minutes
FAQ on Shivala Ghat
What are the nearby restaurants close to Shivala Ghat?
The nearby restaurants include: Bread of Life Bakery (0.3 km), Iba Cafe & Restaurant (0.4 km), and Ashish Cafe (0.8 km).
What are the nearby hotels close to Shivala Ghat?
The nearby hotels include: Hotel Shanti Inn (0.8 km), Amritara Suryauday Haveli (0.4 km), and Shiva Ganga Lodge (0.12 km).
What are the nearby attractions close to Shivala Ghat?
The nearby attractions: Chet Singh Ghat (0.1 km), Harishchandra Ghat (0.2 km), and Lali Ghat (0.2 km).
The beautiful view of the river from the ghat is worth the visit.
By Rebecca Lal