Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Shivala Ghat, Ghats of Varanasi, Shivala, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
More Travel Tips from Varanasi
Why to visit Shivala Ghat
Both historically and religiously, Shivala Ghat is well-known. Around the Ghat, there are a lot of ancient sites. Visitors to this area take pleasure in relaxing on the banks of the beautiful river and having boat rides in it.
Why is it so famous?
- There is a Shiva Temple at this ghat, which serves as a place of prayer for Lord Shiva.
- The abundance of water buffaloes around the ghat is another recognisable image. Here is also where the Mother Teresa Institute of Charity is located.
- The magnificent fortress of Chet Singh, the Nawab's representative in Oudh, is visible.
- King Sanjay Vikram Singh of Nepal's opulent nineteenth-century residence is visible.
- Locals frequently stop by this location to offer their morning prayers or to take a plunge in the sacred River Ganga.
- Chet Singh Ghat (0.1 km)
- Harishchandra Ghat (0.2 km)
- Lali Ghat (0.2 km)
- Kedar Ghat (0.2 km)
- Bread of Life Bakery (0.3 km)
- Iba Cafe & Restaurant (0.4 km)
- Ashish Cafe (0.8 km)
- Aum Cafe (0.8 km)
Distance from Varanasi: 6.2 km
Best Time to Visit: Shivratri
Ideal duration: 30 minutes
FAQ on Shivala Ghat
What are the nearby restaurants close to Shivala Ghat?
The nearby restaurants include: Bread of Life Bakery (0.3 km), Iba Cafe & Restaurant (0.4 km), and Ashish Cafe (0.8 km).
What are the nearby hotels close to Shivala Ghat?
The nearby hotels include: Hotel Shanti Inn (0.8 km), Amritara Suryauday Haveli (0.4 km), and Shiva Ganga Lodge (0.12 km).
What are the nearby attractions close to Shivala Ghat?
The nearby attractions: Chet Singh Ghat (0.1 km), Harishchandra Ghat (0.2 km), and Lali Ghat (0.2 km).
The beautiful view of the river from the ghat is worth the visit.
By Rebecca Lal
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com