Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Nepali Temple, near Lalita Ghat, Lahori Tola, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Website : https://nepali-temple.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral
More Travel Tips from Varanasi
Why to visit Nepali Temple
The Nepali Temple, a temple to Lord Shiva built in the 19th century, is one of the city's oldest temples. It was built by the Nepalese King and is an exact replica of Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu.
Why is it so famous?
- Numerous people are drawn in by the building's traditional architecture, which is built of stone, terracotta, and wood decorations.
- This wooden temple's sculptures are similar to those found in the Khajuraho Monuments. Thus, it has earned the nickname "Mini Khajuraho."
- The temple is also known as Kathwala Temple because Kath was the name of Nepal's wood.
- Its construction utilised sheesham and shekhua tree wood, which accounts for its agelessness and continued termite-free existence.
- Manikarnika Ghat (0.1 km)
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple (0.3 km)
- Dashashvamedh Ghat (0.4 km)
- Man Mandir Ghat (0.3 km)
- Vishnu Tea Emporium (0.4 km)
- Niyati Cafe (0.6 km)
- Dosa Cafe (0.3 km)
- Blue Lassi (0.3 km)
Ideal duration: 30-45 minutes
Significance: Architecture & wooden sculpture
FAQ on Nepali Temple
Does it cost anything to enter a Nepali temple?
No admission fee is required to visit a Nepali temple.
What are the nearby attractions close to Nepali Temple?
The nearby attractions include: Manikarnika Ghat (0.1 km), Kashi Vishwanath Temple (0.3 km), and Dashashvamedh Ghat (0.4 km).
What are the nearby restaurants close to Nepali Temple?
The nearby restaurants include: Vishnu Tea Emporium (0.4 km), Niyati Cafe (0.6 km), and Dosa Cafe (0.3 km).
How to reach Nepali Temple?
Nepali Temple is located near Lalita Ghat in Varanasi. Along with the Shiva Temple, Lalita Ghat is home to the Lalita Gauri Mandir. Nepali Mandir is about 2 kilometers from Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi.
What are the nearby accommodations close to Nepali Temple?
The nearby accommodations include: Hotel Banaras Haveli (2.5 km), A Palace on the River (0.3 km), and Guleria Kothi (0.5 km).
Hire a tour guide to go over the historical details. It is tidy and not very crowded. For young boys, the temple offers Sanskrit lessons.
By Rebecca Lal