Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : paid
Address : Beas Kund Trek, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
More Travel Tips from Manali
Why to visit Beas Kund
The Beas Kund, a lake that is revered as a holy site and the original source of the Beas River, is situated in the Kullu Valley. The popular hill town of Manali, which is hidden at a height of 2,050 metres, is the starting point of the Beas Kund Trek, which is regarded as one of the simplest treks in the Himachal Himalayan region. The trek takes three days.
Short history of Beas Kund:
This lake, which sits at a height of 3,650 metres in the shadow of Mt. Hanuman Tibba and the Seven Sisters, is thought to have been where Rishi Vyas used to bathe every day.
About the Beas Kund Trek:
- The Beas Kund Trek starts in Manali and travels through Solang Nallah to Dhundi, which is located at 3,150 metres.
- From Solang Nallah, the trail begins a slow ascent that takes 5 to 6 hours.
- After a slow ascent through the moraine, the path from Dhundi winds upward to Bakarthach, which is at an elevation of 3,300 metres and leads to Beas Kund.
Highlights of the Beas Kund Trek:
- The trail has a number of breath-taking locations perfect for nature photography.
- View the breathtaking Indrasan, Hanuman Tibba, and Deo Tibba Peak panoramas.
- Enjoy the tranquilly at the Manu Temple and the Solang Nallah.
- A chance to steal a glance at the straightforward yet fascinating lives of those who live in gorgeous villages like Goshal, Sannag, and Burua
- Camping in the open air and amidst a beautiful setting
Details about the trek:
- Best Season: June - Mid October
- Trek Season Grade: Easy
- Altitude: 3650 mts
- Trekking Distanc: 30 K.M
FAQ on Beas Kund
Is the Beas Kund trip simple?
The Beas Kund walk is rated as a level 1 moderate hike. You begin at a height of 9,317 feet in Solang Valley and ascend to a maximum elevation of 12,772 feet to the lake at Beas Kund. This indicates that in just three days of walking, you gain almost 4,616 feet.
In Beas Kund, are women permitted?
The world travels to Beas Kund, a famous lake that gives birth to the Beas river, despite the fact that women are not permitted admission. The villagers strictly adhere to this ban, and women are only permitted to view the lake from a distance.
When is the best time to go for Beas Kund Trek?
Mid-May to Mid-October is the ideal time to go on a Beas Kund Trek. The hike is made simple and, of course, exciting by the continued good weather.
How to reach Beas Kund?
The closest train station to Manali is in Chandigarh, which is roughly 310 kilometres away. From there, you can either take a bus or a cab to get where you're going. You may easily reserve a seat on a bus from Delhi ISBT if you're thinking about taking a road trip to Manali. To go to your final location, which is over 570 kilometres from Delhi, you can also use a taxi.
What restaurants are near Beas Kund?
Restaurants near Beas Kund: (0.00 km) Kawa cafe manali (1.61 km) Ride Inn Cafe (2.71 km) Southern Souls Cafe (PURE VEG)
What hotels are near Beas Kund?
Hotels near Beas Kund: (0.00 km) Hotel Moon (0.00 km) Hotel De Ballagio (0.00 km) Hotel Ashoka Inn
No matter what season you are travelling in, make sure you pack warm clothing. Carry your own supplies and equipment for hiking, and always be ready. A first aid kit, sleeping bags, mattresses, and other essential safety gear will be given to you. An excellent pair of trekking shoes is essential.
By Sparsh Kapoor
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com