Parashnath Jain Temple
Open Time : 6:00 am–12:00 pm; 3:00 pm –7:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Parasnath Digamber Jain Temple, Alipore, Alipore Park Place, Alipore, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
More Travel Tips from Kolkata
Why to visit Parashnath Jain Temple
The 23rd Jain Tirthankara, Parasnath, is the centerpiece of the temple. The Parasnath Jain Temple is situated on Badridas Temple Street in Kolkata's northeast. In 1867, Ray Badridas Bahadur, a well-known art expert, created this shrine.
Other Attraction inside the Parashnath Jain Temple:
- In addition to Lord Shitalnathji, the temple also contains three more shrines. They are devoted to the saints Dadaji Garu, Kushalji Maharaj, and Chanda Prabhuji dev.
- The 24th Jain Tirthankara and Lord Mahavira's contemporary has a separate temple that is dedicated to him.
The architecture of the Parashnath Jain Temple:
- With expansive flower beds, European-style statuary, white marble flooring, and stained glass, the temple is tastefully adorned.
- Beautiful paintings by the renowned international artist Ganesh Muskare are displayed on the walls.
- The Parasnath temple's iconic chandeliers add to the ornate decorating.
Highlights of the Parashnath Jain Temple:
- Since the temple's creation, it has had a lamp blazing.
- A library that is connected to the temple provides access to resources for learning about Jainism and Jain literature.
- Additionally, the temple compound has beautifully kept gardens and fountains.
- Due to its architecture, many tourists assert that it serves as both a spiritual and recreational getaway.
FAQ on Parashnath Jain Temple
How to reach Parashnath Jain Temple?
The Pareshnath Temple is 7 kilometres from the city's centre and is accessible by taxi, rickshaw, or local bus via Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road, Bidhan Sarani, or Raja Ram Mohan Sarani. You can hail a tram in Kolkata to get to the road leading to the temple because it is quite well connected.
What are the places to visit near Parashnath Jain Temple?
Indian Museum, Howrah Bridge and Jorasanko Thakurbaru are the places to visit near Parashnath Jain Temple
What restaurants are near Parashnath Jain Temple?
Restaurants near Parashnath Jain Temple: Kewpie's, Gourmet Cuisine and The Belgian Waffle Co
What hotels are near Parashnath Jain Temple?
Hotels near Parashnath Jain Temple: Hotel Trimoorti, Hotel Allenby Inn and Western Enclave
Complete silence is maintained by devotees and the temple administration, which enables visitors to enter a tranquil and quiet space for meditation. In the evenings, when people come to the temples to take in the atmosphere, pray, and feed the birds in the garden area, they are frequently crowded.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com