Open Time : 10:30am–8:30pm
Entry : free
Address : New Market Area, Dharmatala, Taltala, Calcutta, West Bengal, India
More Travel Tips from Kolkata
Why to visit New Market
Kolkata's Lindsay Street is home to The New Market, formerly known as Sir Stuart Hogg Market. Although the term "New Market" originally only applied to the first enclosed market, it is now frequently used to refer to the entire commercial district.
The New Market, one of Kolkata's top markets, fiercely competes with the air-conditioned, contemporary malls. Even now, many people still favor this street market with upscale shopping centers. It is regarded as Kolkata's top market
Places to shop in New Market:
- Every kind of store can be found in New Market, from everyday PJs to bridal lehengas. Both traditional and western items are available for affordable pricing.
- When it comes to jewelry, the market is crowded with stores offering the hottest pieces at the lowest possible prices.
- There are some fantastic shoe and bag stores in New Market. You can easily get whatever you see on Pinterest and Instagram here.
- The New Market features a broad variety of home decor stores, so if you're planning to renovate your home and need to buy decor for that, you've come to the perfect location.
Places to eat in New Market:
- You can't miss Nahoum & Sons if you're at the New Market. Everyone in the city loves this confectionary, which was founded in 1902.
- You can quickly stop at Nizam's Restaurant to get the most well-known Kolkata Rolls before dining inside eateries.
- You can also get a dish of biryani from Aminia if you want to sample the best in the area.
- More well-known eateries may be found here, including The Scoop, Jimmy's Restaurant & Bar, Baan Thai, Aaheli, and others.
Best time to visit: May to November
Nearest Metro: Central Metro Station (2 KM), Chandni Chowk Metro Station (1 KM)
Nearest Railway Station: Sealdah Railway Station
Average Food Costs: INR 100/- per head
FAQ on New Market
What are the places to visit near New Market?
Nearby places to visit are: Kongposh Kashmir Emporium (3 mins away) Asian Arts (3 mins away) Indian Museum (Jadu Ghar) (7 mins away)
Is New Market closed on Sundays?
Yes, New Market is closed on Sundays.
What hotels are near New Market?
Hotels near New Market: Hotel Krishna Vilas (0.02 km) The Oberoi Grand (0.13 km) Eagle Palace (0.12 km)
What restaurants are near New Market?
Restaurants near New Market: Heritage Karco (0.02 km) Swad Snacks Bar (0.02 km) Baan Thai (0.12 km)
How to reach New Market?
New Market is the closest bus stop, and you can board a bus from there. New Market is located not far from Eden Gardens Railway Station. From DE S Medical Bus Station, next to New Market. There are numerous buses that travel from New Market to other locations that are close by.
Phuchka, jhalmuri, ghugni, chole bhature, aloo chaat, juices, and much more are also available here. You won't regret spending money on these sellers because the street food establishments here are by far the greatest. You can quickly stop at Nizam's Restaurant to get the most well-known Kolkata Rolls before dining inside eateries.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com