Open Time : 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Entry : paid
Address : Alipore Zoo, Alipore Road, Alipur Zoological Garden, Alipore, Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Website : https://kolkatazoo.in/alipore/
More Travel Tips from Kolkata
Why to visit Alipore Zoo
The Alipore Zoo is best known for housing numerous native species of mammals, reptiles, and birds for the past 140 years.
There are roughly 1266 animals totaling 108 species, including a mixture of carnivorous, herbivorous, and primate species.
Things to see in the Alipore Zoo:
- Numerous attractions are housed at the Alipore Zoo, including the homes for reptiles, primates, elephants, and panthers.
- Along with the Calcutta Aquarium, which is nearby yet connected to the zoo, there is also a separate children's zoo at this location.
- The Alipore Zoo is possibly best known for housing the dead Aldabra gigantic tortoise named "Adwaita," who lived for more than 250 years before passing away in 2006.
- Several exotic pheasants, including Chinese Silver Pheasants, Golden Pheasants, Lady Amherst's Pheasants, and Reeves' Pheasants, may be found in the zoo gardens.
Entrance timings at Alipore Zoo:
- Zoo: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Aquarium: 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Ticket Counter: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Entrance Fees at Alipore Zoo:
- Visitors above 5 years of age (Days other than Sat, Sun, and Government holidays): INR 25/-
- Visitors above 5 years of age (On Sat, Sun and Government holidays): INR 30/-
- Child below 5 years: INR 10/-
- Aquarium Charges: INR 5/-
- Professional Camera Charges: INR 250/- per hour
FAQ on Alipore Zoo
What are the places to visit near Alipore Zoo?
Victoria Memorial, St Paul Cathedral and Kalighat are the places to visit near Alipore Zoo.
Is food now permitted in Alipore Zoo?
You can bring in food from outside, but avoid bringing any polythene bags.
When is the best time to visit Alipore Zoo?
The Alipore Zoo is open all year long. However, due to the pleasant weather, winter, between December and February, is the best time to visit the zoological gardens.
How to reach Alipore Zoo?
The Alipore Zoo is situated on the Alipore Road, which connects Zerrut Bridge and Belvedre. Netaji Bhava is the closest metro station. By bus: Ekbalpur is the closest bus station. The metro station and the Ekbalpur bus terminal are both close to the zoo. The zoo is around 2 kilometres from the individual locations and can be reached via taxi.
The zoo is open on Thursdays that are not public holidays, although it is closed the next workday. The zoo is open every day from December 15 to January 31
By TANISHA JAISWAL