Panna Meena Ka Kund
Open Time : 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Panna Meena ka Kund, Amer, Rajasthan, India
More Travel Tips from Jaipur
Why to visit Panna Meena Ka Kund
On the outskirts of the city, there is a hidden architectural gem called Panna Meena ka Kund. It is a magnificent stepwell that displays the splendor of the buildings that a man constructed a few centuries ago.
It is a square-shaped stepwell with stairs on each of its four sides and a chamber on the Kund's northern side. The stepwell has been maintained by the municipal body for the past twenty years, making this amazing Kund well worth a visit.
History of Panna Meena Ka Kund:
- The majority of people hold the view that this illustrious and ancient Kund was constructed in order to provide enough water for the Amerian population.
- Later, the nearby temples used the Kund's water for their local purpose.
- Rajasthani traditional women come here as well to fill the earthen pots used for both domestic chores and drinking water.
Highlights of the Panna Meena Ka Kund:
- The staircase's unusually symmetrical appearance is Panna Meena ka Kund's greatest draw.
- You can easily go up and down a few flights of steps to get to any of the stairs from wherever.
- There is plenty of room in these stairwells for guests to sit down, converse, have some alone time, and engage in photo shoots.
- Elderly people sit along the numerous staircases, while couples can enjoy some quality time together by hanging their legs off the side of the stairwells.
- Young local guys competing among themselves by leaping into the pool from the edge of the Kund above can be seen during the summer and monsoon seasons.
FAQ on Panna Meena Ka Kund
How to reach Panna Meena Ka Kund?
It is not difficult to get to the Panna Meena ka Kund because it is close to all of Jaipur's main stops. About 21 kilometres separate the Panna Meena ka Kund from the Jaipur International Airport. 11 kilometres separate the Panna Meena ka Kund from the Jaipur railway station. The distance between the Sindhi Camp bus stop and the Panna Meena ka Kund is about 12 kilometers.
When is the best time to visit Panna Meena Ka Kund?
It is preferable to visit during the monsoon season to avoid the heat and take in the tranquil ambience of the water and to fully appreciate the natural beauty of this site. Therefore, the best time to visit the Panna Meena ka Kund is from October to March.
What hotels are near Panna Meena ka Kund?
Hotels near Panna Meena ka Kund: Adhbhut Hotel Jaipur (0.09 mi) Surya Haveli (0.31 mi), and KK Royal Hotel & Convention Centre (0.85 mi)
What restaurants are near Panna Meena ka Kund?
Restaurants near Panna Meena ka Kund: Chokha Amer Restaurant (0.17 mi), Kokum Bistro (0.34 mi) and 1135 AD (0.28 mi)
What are the places to visit near Panna Meena Ka Kund?
Amber Palace, Jaigarh fort and Nahragrah Fort are the places to visit near Panna Meena Ka Kund.
Avoid advisers who try to trick you into paying entrance fees even though there aren't any official fees. In such cases, maintain your position. Bring your camera along. Great backgrounds for social media photos can be found at Panna Meena ka Kund.
By Sparsh Kapoor
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org