Open Time : 11:00 to 17:00
Entry : paid
Address : Amber Fort, Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
More Travel Tips from Jaipur
Why to visit Amber Fort
Amber Fort, also known as Amer Fort, spans 4 square km and is a spellbinding reminder of the royal era. This grand architect, with its maze-like passages and serpentine staircases, is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Light and Sound Show:
- Every evening, a fifty-minute light and sound show displaying the past of Jaipur and the fort is held here.
- The show celebrates local legends, folklore, and folk music with the goal of reviving the state’s history, tradition, and culture.
- The show is not permitted to be photographed, videotaped, or recorded in any way.
Light & Sound Show Fees: INR 295/- (approx)
Duration of the Show: 52 minutes
Timings of the Show:
- October to February- 6:30 pm in English/ 7:30 pm in Hindi
- March to April- 7:00 pm in English/ 8:00 pm in Hindi
- May to September- 7:30 pm in English/ 8:30 pm in Hindi
What to see in and around Amber Fort?
- The Amer Fort is divided into four parts, each of which has a unique entrance and courtyard.
- Jaleb Chowk, an exquisite courtyard, leads to Siladevi Temple on the right through steps.
- The public audience hall, or Diwan-e-Aam, makes up the Amer Fort's second level. It is supported by two columns of pillars that feature mounted elephants.
- The most stunning landmark in the entire complex, Sheesh Mahal, is located to the left of the entrance gate.
- The Sukh Mahal, which is located opposite the Sheesh Mahal, is made of sandalwood and ivory. It has a lot of cold water running through it.
- The "Magic Flower," a marble mural, and a tiny Lord Ganesha sculpture made of a single piece of coral, are both noteworthy features of the Amer Fort.
- For foreigners: INR 550
- For Indians: INR 50
- For Foreign students: INR 100
- For Indian students: INR 10
Best time to visit: November to March
FAQ on Amber Fort
How to reach Amber Fort?
From Jaipur, buses, auto-rickshaws, taxis, and cars are accessible. Public buses to Amer town depart from Ajmeri Gate and MI Road. Because the fort is perched on a hill, you can either walk there or take an elephant ride there. At the fort, experience the thrill and joy of an elephant ride.
Are there any guides available at Amber Fort?
Guides can be hired for a fee. You can select either an English or a Hindi-speaking guide.
What is the cost of admission to Amber Fort?
The entrance fees are INR 550 for foreigners, INR 50 for Indians, INR 100 for international students, and INR 10 for domestic students.
What time of year is best for visiting Amber Fort?
Rajasthan is a desert, thus it is warm all year round, at least during the day. The sun can be intolerable at times. Because of this, visiting Jaipur in the winter, from November to March, is recommended.
Engage a guide to learn more about the history of the fort. Throughout the fort, you might also run into a few performers, singers, and snake charmers. To fully appreciate the fort's splendour, it is advised to arrive early.
By Rebecca Lal