Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple
Open Time : 5:30 am – 1:30 pm ; 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple, Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, near Birla Temple, Tilak Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Website : https://www.motidungri.com/
More Travel Tips from Jaipur
Why to visit Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple
One of the most well-known temples dedicated to Lord Ganesha is Moti Dungri Temple, which is located on a small mountain in Jaipur and is encircled by Moti Dungri Palace. Seth Jai Ram Paliwal oversaw the construction of Moti Dungri Temple in 1761. The stone pattern work of the Ganesh temple is renowned for its intricate carvings.
History of Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple:
- A Lord Ganesha idol was allegedly being transported on a bullock cart by the King of Mewar in the 17th century as he made his way home.
- He proclaimed that he would construct a shrine for the lord wherever the bullock wagon first stopped. The wagon came to a stop near the base of Moti Doongri, which later served as the location of the temple.
- Seth Jairam Paliwal and Mahant Shiv Narain were given the task of building the temple, and they completed it in four years, in the year 1761.
Interesting Facts about Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple:
- One of the most prominent Ganesh temples in Jaipur is the Moti Dungri Temple. Every day, thousands of worshippers come to the temple. Statistics show that the temple receives 1.25 lakh visits from worshippers each year.
- The Shiva Linga, which opens on the night of Maha Shivratri, is another feature of the temple complex. This makes the temple special as the only Ganesh temple in India that Lord Shiva worshipers visit.
- On a tiny hill near the southern portion of the temple, there is a separate Lakshmi and Narayan temple. This has been referred to as either "Birla Mandir" or "Birla Mandir."
Things to do and see around the Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple:
- Wednesday is regarded as a highly sacred day for praying to Lord Ganesha, therefore if you go to the Ganesh temple on that day, you will get to view the unique fair that is set up. On this day, particular bhajans and kirtans are also chanted.
- The Hawa Mahal, the Nahargarh Fort, and the Statue Circle are just a few of the other popular tourist destinations close to the temple.
Entrance Fees and Timings at Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple:
- Every day of the week, the temple is open from 5 am to 1:30 pm and from 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- There is no entry fee.
FAQ on Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple
How to reach Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple?
By Air: You can get a cab from the Jaipur International Airport, which is 8 kilometres from Moti Dungri. By Rail: Gandhinagar Railway Station, which is located 3.7 kilometres away from Moti Dungri, is the closest station. By Metro: Moti Dungri is located 4.6 kilometres from the closest Civil Lines metro station.
When is the best time to visit near Moti Dungri ganesh Ji Temple?
Since one can go to a temple whenever they want to make prayers, as the saying goes, there is never a bad moment to go. On the occasions of holidays like Ganesha Chaturthi, Annkuta, Janmashtami, and Paush Bada, a large number of devotees travel from the city and other nearby cities to the temple, so you can come on the festive seasons to have a great experience.
What are the places to visit near Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple?
Birla Mandir, Hanuman Mandir and Lord Shiva Temple are the places to visit near Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple.
What are the restaurants near Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple?
Townsend, Ganesh Dhaba and Sisters Lunch Box are the restaurants near Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple.
What are the hotels near Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple?
Hotel Sukhvilas, Hotel Rajasthan Palaxe and Lordsplaza are the hotels near Moti Dungri Ganesh Ji Temple.
Wednesdays might be difficult to park your car, so if you want to go to the temple on that day, it would be best to take a cab or public transportation. A lot of monkeys live in the trees directly outside the shrine. Keep your belongings close to you in order to prevent the monkeys from stealing them.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org