Open Time : 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Entry : free
Address : Jaigarh Fort, Devisinghpura, Amer, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
More Travel Tips from Jaipur
Why to visit Jaigarh Fort
The Jaigarh Fort is the largest and most impressive fort that guards Jaipur. The Jaivana canon, which is renowned for being the biggest canon in the world, is notable for it. To defend the Amer fort, Sawai Jai Singh II constructed the fort in 1726.
The fort is built with red sandstone in the familiar Indo-Persian style that can be found in many of Jaipur's forts. The massively thick and strong walls of this fort are its most notable feature. This was done to make it difficult to destroy.
Things To See:
- Jaivana: It is the world's largest cannon, standing nearly 6 metres tall and weighing approx 50 tonnes. One of the most intriguing aspects of this cannon is its ability to turn in any direction.
- Exhibition of arms: Weapons and artillery from the 18th century are on display. There are numerous cannonballs, swords, shields, weapons, bombs, etc. that you will encounter.
- Diya Bhurj: The fort's highest peak is located here. From here, one may take in views of Amer Fort, the Aravalli Mountain Range, and the entire Amer region.
- Museum: It includes many photographs and rare artefacts as well as insights into the lifestyles of past rulers and warriors.
- Temples: There are numerous temples to visit here. Some of these temples date back more than a thousand years.
- Amer Fort (7 km)
- Panna Meena Ka Kund (8 km)
- Shila Devi Mandir (9 km)
- Anokhi Museum (8 km)
- For Indians: INR 35/-
- For Foreigners: INR 85/-
- For Camera: INR 50/-
- For Video Camera: INR 200/-
Ideal Duration: 1 hour
FAQ on Jaigarh Fort
What time of year is ideal for visiting Jaigarh Fort?
The greatest time to visit Jaigarh Fort is in the winter. Thus, schedule your trip for a time between November and February.
How do you get to Jaigarh Fort?
To go to Jaigarh Fort, take a private or public bus from Jaipur City. From Jaipur, you can also take taxis or cabs to get to the fort.
What are the nearby attractions close to Jaigarh Fort?
The nearby attractions include: Amer Fort (7 km), Panna Meena Ka Kund (8 km), and Shila Devi Mandir (9 km).
What is the cost of admission to Jaigarh Fort?
The Jaigarh Fort entrance fee is INR 35 for Indians and INR 85 for foreigners.
Are there any guides available at the Jaigarh Fort?
On request, there are guides available. A Hindi speaking guide will cost Rs. 100, and an English speaking guide would cost Rs.150.
Wear comfortable clothing because you will be on your feet for the majority of the time. Also, wear comfortable shoes. Given the hot weather, cotton clothing is preferable. It is best to avoid walking along the fort's perimeter.
By Mehrosh Shamim
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org