Entry : free
Address : Galta Ji Temple, Galta Ji, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
More Travel Tips from Jaipur
Why to visit Galtaji Temple
The Galtaji temple is a Hindu pilgrimage site that attracts visitors from all over the country. It is flanked by the magnificent Aravalli hills and includes numerous shrines, holy kunds, pavilions, and natural springs. It is a sizable temple complex with a variety of pink sandstone-carved shrines. It is dedicated to Lord Hanuman, also known as the Sun God.
- The temple has seven holy water tanks or kunds, the most important of which is the Galta Kund.
- The temple's walls are beautifully detailed and embellished with curved pillars and rounded roofs.
- Within the complex, you will also find small temples devoted to Lord Rama and Lord Krishna.
Things To Do In and Around
- Galwar Bagh Gate, a magnificent pink building appropriate for the enormous complex inside, is one of the temple's tourist attractions.
- The Galta Kund, Vishnu Temple, and Brahma Temple are all striking structures that are well worth visiting.
- Hanuman Temple is especially interesting to see for its architecture and the numerous monkeys that live there.
How To Reach
- Nearest Railway Station: Bais Godam Railway Station (1 km)
- Nearest Metro Station: Chandpole Metro Station (2 km)
- Amber Mahal (7.6 km)
- Moti Dungri Temple (4.8 km)
- Govind Devji Temple (3.7 km)
FAQ on Galtaji Temple
What are the nearby attractions close to Galtaji Temple?
The nearby attractions include: Amber Mahal (7.6 km), Moti Dungri Temple (4.8 km), and Govind Devji Temple (3.7 km).
What is the cost of admission to the Galtaji Temple?
Although there is no entrance fee for visitors to the temple, you are always welcome to make a donation of any amount you choose while visiting this revered location.
How to reach Galtaji Temple?
To get to the temple quickly, rent a cab or a car. The alternative is to ascend to Galtaji from Jaipur's western region. The Sun Temple and other Jaipur sites can be seen in stunning detail from this vantage point for tourists.
What time of year is ideal for visiting Galtaji Temple?
Around dusk is the best time to see the temple since it will be bathed in golden light and many monkeys will be playing within its grounds. At the top of the hill, you can also see Jaipur in its entirety at this time. According to the month, mid-January would be the ideal time to book vacations in Jaipur.
Since shoes are not permitted within the temple, it is preferable to wear a pair of slip-ons that can be quickly removed and re-worn.
By Mehrosh Shamim
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com