Albert Hall Museum
Open Time : 9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM AND 7:00 AM TO 10:00 PM
Entry : free
Address : Albert hall museum, Ganpati Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
More Travel Tips from Jaipur
Why to visit Albert Hall Museum
Albert Hall Museum is the oldest museum in Rajasthan. It is a standing example of Indo-Saracenic architecture and is also known as the Government Central Museum. It is an extensive collection of artefacts brought from different regions of the world and is divided in 16 art galleries.
- Carpet Gallery: It has a 'Persian Garden Carpet,' which is the world's best example of Persian garden carpets.
The carpet is divided into four sections, each of which has many sections with fish, birds, turtles, and other Chinese animals.
There are also doormats and circular carpets with Mughal and floral patterns in the gallery.
- Coin Gallery: You can discover a variety of coins that were used by both the Mughals and the British in this gallery.
- Clay Art Gallery: Intricate 19th-century clay models of yoga poses, sociological issues, crafts, etc. are displayed in this gallery.
- Jewellery Gallery: It features all of the low-cost ornaments that peasants wore in the 19th century. Silver and brass were used to make them.
- Musical Instrument Gallery: The Shehnai, Dhap, Pungi Ravan Hatha, and other vintage Indian musical instruments are displayed in this gallery.
- Other fascinating exhibits include those for clothing, textiles, marble art, pottery, sculptures, metal art, and weapons and armour.
Albert Hall Museum Ticket:
- For Indians: INR 50
- For Foreigners: INR 300
Composite Entry Ticket:
- For Indians: INR 300
- For Foreigners: INR 1000
Evening Ticket Cost:
INR 100 per head for all kinds of visitors but children below the age of 7 are free to enter.
(It includes two days ticket for Amber Fort, Jantar Mantar, Albert Hall, Hawa Mahal, Nahargarh Fort, Vidyadhar Garden, Sisodia Rani Garden & Isarlat or Sargasooli)
- Dolls Museum (0.2 km)
- Peacock Garden (0.2 km)
- Raghoraji Temple (0.4 km)
- Siddhi Vinayak Temple (0.5 km)
- Masala Chowk (0.2 km)
- Blue Coriander (0.6 km)
- Cafe Coffee Day (0.3 km)
- Shree Balaji Bhojanalaya (0.4 km)
Ideal Duration: 1 hour
Nearest Metro Station: Ajmeri Gate Metro Station (2 km)
FAQ on Albert Hall Museum
Is photography permitted at the Albert Hall Museum?
Yes, photography is permitted at the Albert Hall Museum.
Which time of day is ideal for visiting the Albert Hall Museum?
The months of October through March are optimum for visiting Albert Hall Museum. The tourists are treated quite well by the weather at this time. The temperature increases to 45 degrees and even higher on some days throughout the other months.
What is the cost of admission to the Albert Hall Museum?
The Albert Hall Museum tickets cost INR 50 for Indians and INR 300 for foreigners.
What are the nearby attractions close to the Albert Hall Museum?
The nearby attractions include Dolls Museum (0.2 km), Peacock Garden (0.2 km) , and Raghoraji Temple (0.4 km).
How to reach the Albert Hall Museum?
Once inside Jaipur, there are many ways to get to the Albert Hall Museum. Public transportation is also available. The Merta Road Junction Railway Station is not far from the museum. You can take a local train to the station and then walk or call a cab to the museum from there.
Does the Albert Hall Museum offer guides?
There are no real guides here. There are audio tours available close to the admission window. International visitors can pay INR 171 for the audio guide, while Indian visitors can pay INR 114.
Avoid bringing plastic or other potentially dangerous objects inside the museum.
By Mehrosh Shamim
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org