Open Time : 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Entry : free
Address : Chand Baori Step Well (Abhaneri), Bandikui, Rajasthan, India
Website : http://www.chandbaori.org/
More Travel Tips from Jaipur
Why to visit Abhaneri Stepwell
One of Rajasthan's biggest stepwells is Abhaneri Stepwell, also referred to as Chand Baori. The stepwell, which is among the deepest in India, is about 30 m or 100 ft deep. The stepwell is beneficial for groundwater collection in addition to storing water.
- The stepwell has two storeys of galleries on one side and three sides of steep steps.
- The stepwell's 3,500 steps give the impression that it is a mystical construction, and from a certain distance, they appear to be an optical illusion.
- At one time in history, the stepwell served as the home of an upper palace with a few rooms.
- Raja Chanda, a member of the Nikhumba Dynasty, constructed the Abhaneri Step Well. He constructed this step skillfully to appease Harshat Mata and benefit the citizens of his realm.
- There were only steps leading down to the Abhaneri Step Well's bottom. The stepwell was rebuilt during the Mughal invasion of the area in the 18th century.
The annual Abhaneri festival, which takes place before Sharad Navratri, is held at the Abhaneri Step Well. Throughout the course of three days, the celebration is held to honor and give thanks to Goddess Harshat Mata.
During the festival, a diving competition is held in which the village's young men compete.
FAQ on Abhaneri Stepwell
Can we swim in the Abhaneri Stepwell?
Due to the fact that this area has a well that supplies water to the village, swimming is not permitted.
How to reach Abhaneri Stepwell?
One-way transportation costs Rs. 20 from Jaipur to Sikandra. You can hire a jeep from Sikandra to get to Abhaneri for about Rs. 250–Rs. 300. The second option is to take a bus from Jaipur to Gular. You can walk for an hour to get to Abhaneri from Gular.
When would be the most ideal time to visit Abhaneri Stepwell?
The months of October through March are the ideal times to visit Abhaneri Step Well. The three-day Abhaneri Festival is another event that takes place in October or November which visitors can go to.
Hire a local guide to learn more about the area and its history. On your journey to the step well, explore the spooky Bhangarh Fort. Bring a camera so you may record the scenery's magnificence.
By Shobhna J.
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org