Open Time : 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Entry : free
Address : Moti Masjid, Agra Fort, Rakabganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
More Travel Tips from Agra
Why to visit Moti Masjid
Moti Masjid, which means "Pearl Mosque" in Arabic, is a stunning pearl-white structure. Moti Masjid was also constructed by the Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan, and is located north of the Diwan-in-Am complex inside the Agra Fort, 2.5 kilometres from the magnificent Taj Mahal. Moti Masjid is located in a stunning area. Along with this, the grounds of Agra Fort also contain many other stunning buildings.
History of Moti Masjid:
- Shah Jahan, the Mughal emperor, constructed Moti Masjid between 1648 and 1654. It was constructed as a chapel of prayer for the royal courtiers.
- The Pearl Mosque, also known as Moti Masjid, is one of the city's oldest mosques and sparkles like a pearl in the moonlight.
- It took about four years to build the magnificent mosque, which was constructed in a manner that was emblematic of Shah Jahan's reign.
Architecture of Moti Masjid:
- Three enormous domes of significant architectural significance are present in the structure.
- White marble was used to make these three domed kiosks in the Hindu style, while red sandstone was used to build the rest of the outside structure.
- There are three primary entrances, the largest and most elaborate of which is the eastern gate. Three square chhatris are placed atop the ornate motifs that cover both the northern and southern doorways.
- The major entrances are accessed via a stairway and have an exterior made of red sandstone and an interior made of marble.
Entry Timing and Entrance fee at Moti Masjid:
- You can visit Moti Masjid at any time between sunrise and dusk. The location is open every day of the week, including major holidays.
- No admission fee is necessary.
FAQ on Moti Masjid
How to reach Moti Masjid, Agra ?
Only 8 kilometres separate the city's airport from Moti Masjid, which is also near to the city's core. Moti Masjid is a part of the Agra Fort complex and is also accessible by bus services that depart from the Power House Bus Stand. To go to Moti masjid, solo travellers must use State Highway 39. After leaving the roundabout, continue travelling about 650 metres on SH 62. After another 650 metres, take the first exit from the roundabout. On the left will be where you're going.
When is the best time to visit Moti Masjid, Agra?
The months of October to February are the greatest for visiting the Taj Mahal during the autumn, winter, and spring. The best course of action is to avoid the hottest summer months, which are May to July. After the monsoon, the months of October and November provide the most mesmerising views of the Taj because the gardens are thick with greenery and the Yamuna river proudly rushes by the Taj Mahal, swelling with post-monsoon rain.
What are some of the nearby popular attractions to Moti Masjid
Nearby Attractions Includes: Agra Fort, Taj Mahal and Chti Masjid
What are the nearby hotels from Moti Masjid?
Nearby Hotels Includes: Hotel Starview, Hotel Shri Ram and Hotel Agra Palace.
Women are expected to cover their heads in this location. Although it isn't open to tourists right now, it could still be seen from the outside. This location is inside the Agra Fort. No admission fee is necessary.
By Shobhna J.
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org