Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal
Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Chennai - Delhi Hwy, Maharishi Puram Colony, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282007, India
Website : https://www.gurdwaragurukataal.com/
More Travel Tips from Agra
Why to visit Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal
The Sikhs' most revered and beloved residence in Agra is the Gurudwara Guru Ka Tal. Four of the Sikhs' ten prophets have been to this holy spot. Every year, there is a noticeable increase in visitors, and Sikandra's borders are a significant factor in this.
History at Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal:
- The Gurudwara's historic building was built in the 17th century. At first, it was merely a taal, or a reservoir close to Sikandra.
- It was built in 1610 AD, during Jehangir's reign, to serve as an Agra rainfall collection chamber. And when there wasn't enough rain, the water was used for farming.
- The reservoir was embellished with stone objects at that period. Guru Teg Bahadur Ji afterwards made his surrender here. Here, a gurudwara was constructed in his honour. It later gained popularity as Guru Ka Taal.
Architecture at Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal:
- The Gurudwara's building was constructed during the Mughal era, hence Mughal architectural influences may be seen there.
- The fact is evident from the use of red stones in the Gurudwara's construction.
- The Gurudwara Guru Ka Tal in Agra once had 12 towers. However, just 8 of them are still in decent shape today.
Entrance Fee and timings at Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal:
Its location is accessible every day from dawn until dusk. There are no fees associated with entering the Guru Ka Taal.
FAQ on Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal
How to reach Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal?
By train: You must arrive at Billoch Pura or Raja Ki Mandi Railway Station to travel by train. By bus: Agra is well connected to other important Indian towns including Delhi, Chandigarh, and Mumbai by roads. Take any private or public bus service to get to the Agra ISBT or Anjana Cinema bus stop.
When is the best time to visit Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal?
It is up to you when you want to go. Agra experiences unusually high summertime temperatures, with an average of 43°C. For many travellers, the heat might be a deterrent. However, you can schedule a vacation to Agra during this period if you don't mind the heat. However, the winters are cool, pleasant, and welcoming. The ideal conditions for sightseeing and exploring are provided.
What are the nearby attractions from Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal?
Here are some additional well-known Agra tourist destinations near Gurudwara Guru ka Taal. Taj Mahal, Akbar's Fort, and Agra Fort.
What hotels are near Gurudwara Guru ka Tal?
Hotels near Gurudwara Guru ka Tal: (0.00 km) Hotel New Bakshi House (0.05 km) Hotel Shree Residency (0.40 km) Dayal Lodge - A Boutique Hotel
What restaurants are near Gurudwara Guru ka Tal?
Restaurants near Gurudwara Guru ka Tal: (1.46 km) Cafe' G (0.53 km) Moti Mahal Delux (0.52 km) Burger Singh
Parking is conveniently available outside. The hours of operation for this Gurudwara are 6.30 AM to 7.30 PM. It will take you about an hour to two hours to visit this location.
By Sparsh Kapoor
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com