Vahishtha Gufa Temple
Open Time : 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Vashishtha Gufa Temple, Haridwar Rishikesh Badrinath Road, Shivpuri Range, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Rishikesh
Why to visit Vahishtha Gufa Temple
A Shivlinga is inclined vertically into the cave opening of Vashishtha Gufa, a naturally created cave that is 60 feet deep. The Sadhus now reside in a number of rooms that have been constructed outside the cave area. You can explore the wilderness since the cave temple is hidden within a thicket.
Highlights of the Vashisht Cave Temple:
- The cave is kept clean, and there are enough white mats on the ground to fit roughly 12 people.
- The aroma of burning oil and sticks fills the cave's interior, transforming it into a serene and meditative haven.
- There is a Shiv Linga at the end of the cave, where priests and other tourists frequently congregate to worship and venerate it.
Things to do at Vashishta Gufa Temple:
- Vashishtha Gufa is a location to pray and practise spirituality. Yet one can also explore the surroundings in-depth, which presents various adventure options.
- Camping, hiking, bird watching, and stargazing are all excellent activities in the picturesque woods next to Vashishta Cave.
- Visit the tiny hamlet of Gular, which is close to the ashram, by foot, or unwind on the riverside beach.
- Outside the ashram is a small cave known as "Arundhati Cave." At Gular hamlet, on the other side, is an iron suspension bridge. You may cross the river from here.
Transportation Options: Cab/Auto
Trip Duration: 1-2 hours
Food options: Few tea shops located nearby
Petrol Pump: Available at Shivpuri
FAQ on Vahishtha Gufa Temple
How to reach Vashistha Cave Temple?
Located 25 km from Rishikesh on the Rishikesh-Badrinath road, all buses going towards Devprayag pass through this place. A flight of around 200 steps and you reach the entrance of the cave which only gets pitch dark as you go deeper.
When is the best time to visit Vashishta Gufa Temple?
February to June and September to December is the best time to visit Vashishta Gufa Temple.
What is the Vashistha Cave renowned for?
Vashistha Cave is famous for yoga and meditation,
What are the places to visit near Vashishta Gufa Temple?
Lakshman Jhula (17.3 km), Ram Jhula (19 km), and Triveni Ghat (21.4 km) are the places to visit near Vashishta Gufa Temple.
After a profound meditation and silent introspection, the beach outside the cave is the ideal place to unwind and ponder nature. One must dress appropriately in accordance with the surroundings.
By Mehrosh Shamim
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com