Darwan Singh Regimental
Open Time : 9am - 5:30pm
Entry : INR 60/- approx
Address : HP PETROL PUMP - SINGH AUTO CENTRE, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Lansdowne
Why to visit Darwan Singh Regimental
- It is a historical defence museum named for Darwan Singh Negi, a Victoria Cross recipient from the Garhwal Rifles.
- Also known as the Garhwal Rifles Museum, it is a finely decorated two-storey museum that contains extensive facts regarding the origins and exploits of the Indian army's Garhwal Rifles.
- Visitors can view a diverse collection of armaments, vintage uniforms, rare images of army generals and patriots from past battles, as well as certificates and citations signed by British monarchs.
- Outside the museum, there is a lovely flower garden with at least 10-12 varieties of roses.
- The Parade Ground and Garhwal Rifles War Memorial are nearby but not open to the general public.
How To Reach?
- Nearest Rail Station: Kotdwara (41 km)
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant (147 km)
- Distance From City Centre: 0.6 km
- St. John’s Church (0.5 km)
- Bhulla Lake (1.2 km)
- Tip N Top Point (1.7 km)
- Tipsy (0.6 km)
- Divine Cafe & Restaurant (0.2 km)
- Cafe Ullasa (1 km)
Ideal Duration: 1 hour
FAQ on Darwan Singh Regimental
What are the nearby restaurants close to Darwan Singh Regimental Museum?
The nearby restaurants include: Tipsy (0.6 km), Divine Cafe & Restaurant (0.2 km), and Cafe Ullasa (1 km).
What are the nearby attractions close to Darwan Singh Regimental Museum?
The nearby attractions include: St. John’s Church (0.5 km), Bhulla Lake (1.2 km), and Tip N Top Point (1.7 km).
How to reach Darwan Singh Regimental Museum?
Darwan Singh Museum lies near Parade Ground in Lansdowne's city's centre. The nearest rail station is at Kotdwara (41 km) and the nearest airport is at Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun (147 km).
Is there any entrance fees required to enter Darwan Singh Regimental Museum?
To enter Darwan Singh Regimental Museum visitors are required to pay INR 50/- approx.
Children below the age of 10 years are not allowed inside the museum. Photography is not allowed inside the museum.
By Aryan Prasad