Open Time : 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Entry : free
Address : Saptrishi Ashram, Haridwar, Haripur Kalan, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Haridwar
Why to visit Saptrishi Ashram
- It is one of Haridwar's most well-known ashrams, founded in 1943 by Guru Goswami Dutt.
- This ashram is also known for hosting seven great sages, including Kashyapa, Jamadagi, Vashishta, Atri, Vishwamitra, Bharadwaja, and Gautam.
- It is a well-kept complex with several rooms for rent and Sanskrit schools for underprivileged children.
- By the riverbanks, there are 5 statues of the Pandavas.
- Pilgrims use an old dilapidated building near the ashram as a rest stop before trekking higher into the hills.
- Meditation and yoga classes, as well as religious activities such as Bhajans and Aartis, are held here.
The rishis trapped the Ganga's flow, and Ganga divided her flow into seven separate streams to make less noise. Sapt Sarovar refers to the seven Ganga streams, and Saptrishi Ashram refers to the location where Sapt Rishi meditated.
- Bharat Mata Mandir (0.1 km)
- Shri Vyas Ashram (0.4 km)
- Shantikunj Gayatri Parivar (1 km)
- Pawan Dham (0.9 km)
Best Time To Visit: October to March
Distance From Har Ki Pauri: 4 km
Ideal Duration: 1 hour
FAQ on Saptrishi Ashram
How to reach Saptrishi Ashram?
The Saptrishi Ashram is easily accessible from Haridwar as it is only 5 km away and is situated on the banks of the Ganga near Motichur, Haridwar.
Is there a fee to visit Saptrishi Ashram?
The entrance to the ashram is completely free, but pets are not permitted.
What are the nearby attractions close to Saptrishi Ashram?
The nearby attractions include: Bharat Mata Mandir (0.1 km), Shri Vyas Ashram (0.4 km), and Shantikunj Gayatri Parivar (1 km).
What are the nearby restaurants close to Saptrishi Ashram?
The nearby restaurants include: Shree Krishna Food Junction (1.2 km), Magpie- The Meeting Place (1.3 km), and Gurudev Punjabi Restaurant (1.4 km).
Anyone who is hungry can also get free food in a nearby hall within the complex. For street and portrait photographers, it is the ideal location to capture the genuine essence.
By Mehrosh Shamim
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org