Summer Hill Trek
Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Summer hill shimla, Summer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India
More Travel Tips from Shimla
Why to visit Summer Hill Trek
Summer Hill is a location that provides visitors with an amazing vacation experience in a tranquil setting. This attraction is less crowded and offers lovely weather for couples to get away from the daily responsibilities of other places in Shimla.
About the Summer Hill Trek:
- The toy railway and the road both lead to the short hike's beginning point.
- You can begin a hike (or walk) in the untainted splendour of nature from the Summer Hill train station.
- The hill is a component of a cluster of seven hills that may all be travelled across on foot.
- Great panoramic views of the neighbouring hills are provided by the hills covered in pine and deodar trees.
Things to do around Summer Hill:
- Go to the Manorville Mansion, where Mahatma Gandhi had stayed whenever he came to Shimla.
- Trek through the thick forest and savour some wonderful moments in Mother Nature's presence.
- For authentic, ethnic food, visit the neighbourhood restaurants and browse the bazaars for bargains.
- Stay at one of the many lovely inns and take in the tranquilly and ambience of the lovely setting.
- For those wishing to take advantage of the fantastic scenery and get some incredible photographs, this area is a photographer's paradise.
- It is a wonderful feeling to ride a horse through those thick woodlands with the wind in your face.
Famous For: Photography, Scenery, Serenity
Entrance Fee: There is no entry fee as it is a public location.
Visiting Time: Open at all times every day
Visit Duration: 1 to 2 days
Altitude: 2100 ft
Difficulty level: Easy, trail surrounded by dense forests & bewitching nature
Best time to trek: Summer season (April-July)
FAQ on Summer Hill Trek
When is the best time to visit Summer Hill?
Summer is the greatest time to visit because the weather is cool and offers a welcome respite from the other regions' heat. Temperatures below 0 degrees Fahrenheit are common during the winter in this area.
How to reach Summer Hill?
The Summer Hill is easily accessible by train as it is located along the Kalka-Shimla Railway route. By stepping off the numerous buses that are present throughout the region, especially on the way to and from Shimla, one can also access public transportation. There are also plenty of taxis and auto rickshaws available.
What are the restaurants near Summer Hill?
Nearby Restaurants includes: Hotel Barog Heights, The Chalets Naldehra and Wake & Bake Café
What are the places to visit near Summer Hill?
Nearby Places to visit: Jakhoo Temple, The Ridge and Tara Devi Temple
Wear warm, cosy clothes to stay warm because the hills are frigid. Because there will be a lot of walking and trekking in the area, comfortable shoes should be worn. To protect oneself from the sun at higher altitudes, use enough sunscreen cream.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com