The most exquisite state of India Goa is no less than heaven for any traveler in the world. The sparkling blue water of beaches and the Long stretches of pearl-like white sand surrounded by green lustrous palm and coconut trees give you vibes that you can’t stop romanticizing about!!!. Apart from being home to many beautiful beaches, it is also home to over 400+ birds and more than one-third of Goa is covered with forests only. Here is the list of the best places to visit in Goa, including all the beaches and significant historical architecture with your friends and family.
“Beautiful beach, a sunny day, and good friends. What more can a man ask for?” – Art Selwyn (Cocoon: The Return 1998)
Best Beaches In Goa To Visit
Beaches are a major attraction for tourists to visit. Here is the list of the best beaches in Goa to visit.
Located on the south coast of Goa, Colva Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Goa. The longest of all other best beaches in Goa glitters with sparkling blue water, splendid white sand across the coast with beautiful palm and coconut trees that add to the glory and serenity of the beach. The gorgeous shore is perfect to sit by and unwind while watching the charming nuances of the world. This beach is also known for its nightlife. There are many bars and clubs on the beach where you can enjoy your night.
- Things you can do in Colva beach: Jet skiing, speed boat rides, snorkeling, banana boat rides, motorboat rides, and swimming
- Places you can visit near Colva beach: Church of our lady of mercy
- Resort near Colva beach: Beleza By The Beach
- Timings: Beach is open for visitors all the time, but the ideal time is to visit the beach to watch the sunset.
Palolem beach makes it seem like paradise on earth. Imagine you’ve just landed in Goa and want to find a beach to enjoy all by yourself. Palolem beach is a stretch of white sand coastline, South India is a strip of white coastline that stretches from making it the perfect place to lay out your towel and enjoy its calm water and Goa’s unspoiled beauty. It is among the beautiful and cleanest beaches in Goa.
Fun fact about Palolem beach It is featured in Hollywood superstar Matt Damon’s popular Movie “The Bourne Supremacy”
- Top things to do near Palolem beach: Apart from different water rides and swimming you can do many other things such as Party at silent noise disco, dolphin spotting, and if you need calm and gain all positive energy you can also attend Yoga classes.
- Places to visit near Palolem beach, Goa: Visit the popular monkey island, Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary
- Places to stay near Palolem beach: Sobit sarovar portico, marron sea view resort
- Timings: You can plan your visit anytime between 6 am to 10 am throughout the week.
It is popular around the whole world for its alluring scenic views of millions of butterflies flying over the hilltop. Butterfly beach unique shape and exceptional glittery water making it one of most beautiful beaches of not only Goa but of world. It is located 37 km south of Mormugao and a little to the north of Palolem beach.
- Places to visit near Butterfly beach, Goa: Goa jungle adventure, leopard valley Goa
- Best restaurant near Butterfly beach:Art Resort, The Bombay Duck Bar and Restaurant, Cafe Maria
- Places to stay near Butterfly beach: Simrose Resort, Jardim a Mar
- Timings-: Ideal timings are 9 am- 6 pm
It is in north goa. Candolim beach is probably the metaphor for parties and crazy nightlife. The beach is crowded with shacks, food courts, nightclubs, and discos. It is also famous for hosting India’s biggest electronic music dance festival, the Sunburn Festival.
- Places to visit near Candolim beach, Goa: Church of our lady of hope, Grand7 casino
- Best restaurant near Candolim beach: Mosaic, Banyan Tree
- Places to stay near Candolim beach: Novotel Goa Resort & Spa, Novotel Goa Candolim
- Timings: Beach is open for visitors all the time but the ideal time is from sunrise to sunset which is between 6 am to 6 pm.
Goa’s Vagator Beach is a stunning stretch of sand that’s popular with both tourists and locals alike. The beach is in North Goa, just a short drive from the state’s capital, Panaji. If you’re a party animal then Vagator beach is the best place to visit in Goa as known as Disco Valley and is the Best place for trance parties in Goa since the 1980s.
- Things to do at Vagator beach: Scuba dive experience, Osho meditation, river rafting, Hathi Tours
- Places to visit near Vagator beach, Goa: Chapora fort, Lost paradise Goa – Day cruise, The Goa Collective Bazaar
- Places to stay near Vagator beach: Antares Beach Resort and Club, Amani Vagator, Emperor Resorts & Spa
- Timings: Visiting timings of Vagator Beach are from 5 am to 10 pm
White sands, sapphire blue sea, and plenty of amenities make Anjuna Beach a contender for one of the best beaches in goa. Just about anyone can have fun here. Whether you’re a beach baby or just someone who enjoys the occasional beach trip, Anjuna Beach is full of life whether we are talking about having crazy nightlife, delicious food, or a beautiful local market. It is also known as the ’Paradise for Hippies’.
- Top things to do at Anjuna beach: Scuba diving, motorboat rides, and other water sports
- Places to visit near Anjuna beach, Goa: Nyex Beach Club, Anjuna Market,
- Places to stay near Anjuna beach: Fairfield by marriott Goa anjuna, The funky monkey hostel, The westin Goa
- Best places to eat nearAnjuna beach: Kava, Goa’s ark, Chef cantando
- Timings: All days of the week 12 am – 12 pm
Popular Places To Visit In Goa
Culture is the widening of the mind and the spirit. Here is the list of popular places to visit in Goa
The Basilica Of Bom Jesus
It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of best place to visit in Goa. The church is located in Old Goa, which was once the capital of Portuguese India. It is best known for housing the remains of Saint Francis Xavier, who was one of the founders of the Society of Jesus. Magnificient attributes of this church make it one of the best place to visit in Goa. The church was built in the early 16th century, and its exterior is decorated with baroque architecture. Marble and gilt work is used for the decoration for the interior of the church.
- Fees: No entry fee
- Timings: Monday to Saturday 9:00 am – 6:30 pm & on Sundays 10:30 am – 6:30 pm
Fort Aguada Sinquerim
Fort Aguada Sinquerim is a seventeenth-century fort located in Goa, India. The fort was constructed by the Portuguese in 1612 It is one of the ideal examples of Portuguese architecture. It is a popular tourist destination.
- Fees: There is no entry price.
- Timings: The fort is open from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm
Shri Saptakoteshwar Temple
Shri Saptakoteshwar Temple is a beautiful temple of Hindu God Shiva. It is located in the village of Keri. The temple is one of the most sacred sites in the area and many pilgrims from all over India come here.
- Timings: 6am – 7pm
- Location: HW3P+MVJ, Temple road, narve, maem, Goa 403403
The Se Cathedral in Goa is one of the most important tourist attractions in the state. Located in Old Goa, the cathedral is also known as the Church of Saint Catherine. It was built in the early 16th century by the Portuguese, who were the then rulers of Goa. The cathedral is dedicated to Saint Catherine of Alexandria, who is the patron saint of Goa. The exterior of the cathedral is adorned with beautiful sculptures and carvings. The interiors of the cathedral are even more beautiful, with its gilded altars and richly decorated walls and ceiling. The Se Cathedral is one of the must-visit places for all tourists in Goa. It is part of the World Heritage Site.
- Fees:No entry fees
- Timings: 7:30 am- 6:00 pm Monday to Sunday
Church of St. Augustine, Goa
The Church of St Augustine is located in Old Goa, India. It is one of the oldest churches in Asia and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The church was built by the Portuguese in 1572 and is dedicated to St Augustine of Hippo. It is the largest church in India and the second largest in Asia. The church has a nave and two aisles with a transept. The main altar is made of marble and is adorned with statues of St Augustine and the Blessed Virgin Mary. The church also has a museum that houses relics of St Augustine.
- Fees: There are no entry fees
- Timing: 6:30 am – 12:45 pm Monday to Friday & 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm Saturday-Sunday
Safa Mosque, Ponda
Safa Mosque Ponda is one of the most beautiful mosques in India. It is located in Ponda, Goa. The mosque was built in 1695 by the then-ruler of Bijapur, Ali Adil Shah. It is said that the mosque was built in memory of Safa, the daughter of Ali Adil Shah. It is made of white marble and has a beautiful garden. The mosque is open to all and is a best visit places in Goa for all Muslims.
- Timings: 4 am-9 pm (Monday-Sunday)
- Location: Masjid Committe Shapur, Safa (Mulam, Ponda, Goa 403401
Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary
Goa’s Second Largest Wildlife Reserve Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the most popular sanctuaries in Goa. The sanctuary is in South Goa and is popular for its dense forests and rich wildlife. The sanctuary is home to a variety of animals including elephants, tigers, leopards, bison, deer, and wild boar. Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary is also a popular birding spot and is home to a variety of birds like the Indian Pitta, White-bellied Blue Flycatcher, and the Common Kingfisher.
- Timings: 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Fees: 20 rs.
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected area in the Indian state of Goa. It is located in the Tiswadi taluka in the North Goa district. The sanctuary is home to a variety of fauna including elephants, deer, wild boar, Indian bison, sloth bear, Indian leopard, jackal, jungle cat, civet cat, palm civet, small Indian civet, fox, ratel, hyena, hare, porcupine, and Indian pangolin. It also has a rich avifauna with over 150 species of birds including the common peafowl, jungle fowl, red junglefowl, and many more.
- Timing: 9am to 5am tuesday to sunday & closed on mondays and public holidays.
- : It varies around 10 – 60 rs.
The Mandovi-Zuari Wildlife Sanctuary
The Mandovi-Zuari Wildlife Sanctuary is home to the rarest of species, the blackbuck. The sanctuary covers an area of 1,171 hectares and it is in the Sattari taluka of the North Goa district. The Mandovi-Zuari Wildlife Sanctuary is at an altitude of 600 meters. The sanctuary has a tropical climate with an average rainfall of 2,000 mm. The sanctuary is lush green with dense forests and is home to a variety of flora and fauna which make it most beautiful places to visit while you are in Goa.
- Timings of the sanctuary: 8 am – 5 pm Monday – Sunday
Explore Indian and Goa cultures and topics through their carefully curated collections and transcending exhibitions.
Here are a few art galleries and museums in Goa that you can’t afford to miss!!
Goa State Museum, Panjim, Goa
Goa State Museum, also called the State Archaeology Museum, is one of the most important museums in India. It is located in Panaji, the capital city of Goa. The museum was established in 1964 and houses a large collection of artifacts from the prehistoric to the modern era. The museum is a must-visit for you if your’re interested in the history and culture of Goa.
- Timings: 9 am – 5 pm
- Fees: Free
- Location: EDC Complex, Patto, Panjim
The Naval Aviation Museum In Vasco da Gama, Goa
The Naval Aviation Museum in Vasco da Gama, Goa is one of the most unique museums in India. It represent the history and evolution of the Indian Navy’s aviation arm. The museum houses various aircraft, helicopters, and other aviation equipment used by the Indian Navy over the years. It also has a wide range of exhibits on the history of the Indian Navy and its role in the country’s defense. The museum is a must-visit for anyone if you want to learn about the history of the Indian Navy or in the history of aviation in India.
- Timings: 10 am – 05 pm Tuesday – Sunday
- Fees: INR 20 per person & INR 50 per camera
Goa Chitra Museum, Benaulim, Goa
Goa Chitra Museum is one of the best places to visit in Goa if you want to learn about the history and culture of Goa. It is in Benaulim, Goa, and is run by the Department of Museums and Archaeology . The museum has a wide collection of artifacts that date back to prehistoric times.
- Location: St.John- the Baptist church road, Mondo Waddo, Benaulim, Goa
- Timings: 9 am – 6 pm
- Fees: Rs. 300 per head (special discounts for groups and students)
Party Places In Goa
Goa is the Party city of India and your motto in Goa should be only. Beaches and party places in Goa gives you party vibes like no other place PARTY- SLEEP- REPEAT !!!
Titos Night Club
If you’re looking for a party in Goa, Titos is the place to be. This legendary nightclub has been a fixture on the Goa party scene for decades, and it’s easy to see why. Titos is always have festive crowd, and the music is always pumping. The club also has a great outdoor area that’s perfect for taking a break from the dance floor and enjoying the Goa nightlife.
- Fees: Rs 2000 for two people (approx)
- Timing –9 30 pm to 3 am. (Tuesday- Sunday)
- Location: Titos Ln, near baga beach, saunta vaddo, Calangute
If you are looking for a place to party in Goa, then you should check out sinQ. This nightclub is located in the heart of Candolim and is one of the most popular places to visit for partying in Goa. The club has a great atmosphere and the music is always pumping. There is also a pool so you can take a dip in between dances. They also provide private poolside cabanas if you want to enjoy a peaceful time sitting by the pool and you also have unlimited access to the pool.
- Fees: Rs 1000 for two people (Approx)
- Location: Opposite Taj holiday village, aguada rd, candolim, Goa
Club LPK – Love Passion and Karma
Love, Passion, and Karma is a club in Goa that is all about good vibes and good times. The club is located in Anjuna and is one of the most popular nightclub places in Goa to visit. The club has a great vibe and is always full of people who are ready to have a good time. The music is always pumping and the atmosphere is always electric. If you are looking for a place to let loose and have a good time, then Love, Passion, and Karma are the place for you.
- Fees: Rs 1000 for couples and free entry for single ladies.
- Location: Road Opposite Bank of India, Bhatiwado, Nerul, Goa
Hill Top is most popular for crazy trans parties. The place occasionally holds parties where the club is open for 24 hours.he HillTop is one of Goa’s most iconic and happening trance party destinations. Started by Steve and Starling D’Souza in 1974, it has since retained the 60s Hippie vibe of Goa and has been the haunt of many night club and party enthusiasts.
- Timings: It is open 7 days a week but strictly between 5 pm-10 pm.
- Fees: Rs 1000 for two (approx)
- Location: Michael’s school, ozran beach road, near st, vagator
Hammerzz Nightclub, Goa
Hammerzz Nightclub is a beautiful, old-fashioned speakeasy in Goa’s Muzaffarabad area. It’s history dating back to the 1920s includes Hearse Men and Women, a band case, a beautiful underground bar and a number of club-quality rooms and bathrooms.
- Location: Calangute – baga rd, baga, Goa
- Fees: 1000 per person
- Timing: Opening hours – 9 pm to 4 am & party hours – 10 pm to 4 am
If you are looking to feel zeal and spark up your energy as well or need a break from the everyday hustle at jobs and work and need to calm your mind and body then pack your things and visit these places in Goa. Also, don’t forget to go to The St. Sebastian’s Garden & CLICK PICTURE UNDER BIG W:))
Thanks for reading!
Ans.YES, ABSOLUTELY This city has a low crime rate and is therefore considered relatively safe. However, petty crimes like pickpocketing or bag snatching are common. It’s advisable to always be cautious of your surroundings and avoid visiting isolated areas.
Ans.Many beach resorts in Goa have water sports available and equipment for hire.
Ans.The legal drinking age in Goa is 25.
Ans.The weather in Goa is ideal from November to February.
Ans. Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral, Church and Convent of St. Francis of Assisi, and St. Cajetan Church are some of the well-known churches in Goa.
Ans. Baga Beach, Sinquerim Beach, Anjuna Beach, Calangute Beach, Colva Beach, and Dona Paula Beach are some of the famous beaches in Goa for water sports