Jagmandir Island Palace
Open Time : 10:00am–6:00pm
Entry : free
Address : Jagmandir, Pichola, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
Website : http://www.eternalmewar.in/
More Travel Tips from Udaipur
Why to visit Jagmandir Island Palace
A sight to behold, the Jagmandir Island Palace is a beautiful construction that appears to float on the seductive Pichola lake. The Jagmandir Palace Udaipur, which formerly served as Shah Jahan's hiding spot, is currently run by the HRH Group as an opulent hotel, preserving the rich Mughal and Rajasthani architectural legacy.
Things to see at Jag Mandir:
- The life-size marble elephants that defend the palace at Jag Mandir are among its outstanding architectural elements.
- In order to fully appreciate the history of the Mewar dynasty and its culture, one must visit the museum located within the Jag Mandir complex.
- The Darikhana restaurant in the Jag Mandir complex is a must-visit for some delectable Rajasthani food.
- The palace is known as Lake Garden Palace because of its lovely garden courtyard, which is as captivating as anything else in the Jag Mandir region.
Entry and boat rides:
- INR 325 per person adult (for the 1-hour boat ride)
- INR 165 per person child (for a 1-hour boat ride)
- INR 225 per person adult (for a 30-minute boat ride)
- INR 115 per person child (for a 30-minute boat ride)
FAQ on Jagmandir Island Palace
How to reach Jag Mandir?
Jag Mandir Palace, one of Lake Pichola's two natural islands, is only accessible by boat from the Bansi Ghat pier. At the ghat, private boats and cruises may be rented, and it will take 30 to 1 hour to go to the palace.
When is the ideal months to visit Jag Mandir Palace?
The ideal months to visit Jag Mandir are considered to be October to March. To escape the oppressive heat during the summer, avoid those months.
Which airport is most convenient to Jagmandir Island Palace?
Udaipur (UDR-Dabok), located 23 miles from Jagmandir Island Palace, is the closest significant airport (71 minutes by car).
Is parking accessible at Jagmandir Island Palace?
Yes, the hotel offers free self-parking.
What are the places of attractions near Jag Mandir?
One of the most well-liked tourist attractions near Jag Mandir is the City Palace, which is located on the eastern shore of Lake Pichola. The Lake Palace is one of the city's many notable landmarks, and it is located on the other island of Lake Pichola. Maharana Jagat Singh also constructed the renowned shrine known as the Jagdish temple next to the Lake Palace.
Currently, the castle houses a mouthwatering Rajasthani restaurant called "Darikhana." Also, you can visit the museum to see the preserved local history.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org