Open Time : 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : LAKSHMAN JHULA, Laxman Jhoola, near Muni Ki Reti, Adarsh Gram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Rishikesh
Why to visit Lakshman Jhula
The Lakshman Jhula is a well-known hanging bridge that spans the Ganga and links the villages of Tapovan in the Tehri Garhwal district and Jonk in the Pauri Garhwal district. The Lakshman Jhula is 450 feet long, 70 feet above the river, and is entirely made of iron.
According to Legend-
- Hindu mythology claims that Lakshman, Lord Rama's younger brother, crossed the Ganges on a jute rope.
- To honour this occasion, a jute rope bridge was subsequently constructed here.
Things to do near Laxman Jhula:
- River rafting: One of the popular activities on the Ganges near Lakshman Jhula is river rafting. You can visit any river rafting authority nearby that offers a variety of safety gear.
- Rock Climbing: You can go rock climbing here. Numerous organisations may arrange for you to go rock climbing.
- Trekking: One of the popular activities that visitors to the Lakshman Jhula participate in is hiking.
Food options near Laxman Jhula:
- Numerous local dhabas and restaurants serve mouthwatering Chinese, Indian, and continental cuisine.
- The best thali in Rishikesh can be found at the nearby Chotiwala restaurant if you're craving shudh desi Indian cuisine.
Timings: 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Time Required: Less than 1 hour
Entry Fee: No entry fee
FAQ on Lakshman Jhula
What are the places to visit near Laxman Jhula?
At the Lakshman Jhula, a thirteen-story temple known as Terah Manzil is highly well-liked by tourists. The Lakshman temple, which includes Rishi Kund, is another temple near the bridge.
What are the accommodations options near Laxman Jhula?
Around Lakshman Bridge, there are numerous possibilities for affordable, opulent, and luxurious lodging.You can stay at the ashrams without breaking the bank if you have a limited budget. Make sure you have reservations in place in advance because hotels are frequently booked during the busiest times of the year.
When is the best time to visit Laxman Jhula?
One can visit Lakshman Bridge whenever they like because the weather in Rishikesh continues to be lovely.
Is Lakshman Jhula in Rishikesh closed?
The bridge will be closed permanently when the new bridge built parallel to it is completed. According to Hindu tradition, Lakshman had crossed the Ganges on jute ropes where the bridge is located now.
When visiting Lakshman Jhula, you should bring enough of warm clothing. Because the environment in Rishikesh is extremely cold, you should dress in numerous layers of thick clothing. The market in the vicinity of Lakshman Jhula is well-known for its wooden products, Rudraksha, idols, holy books, gems, ethnic jewellery, clothing, and street cuisine. As of 2019, it is restricted that no vehicles should pass the bridge except the people
By Mehrosh Shamim
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org