The Mall Road, Mussoorie
Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : The Mall Road, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Mussoorie
Why to visit The Mall Road, Mussoorie
Mall Road in Mussoorie has everything a traditional Indian hill station should have to offer. Along with gaming arcades and gift shops, restaurants and cafes coexist in these spaces. Residents refer to the Mall Road's two opposing ends as the "Library and Picture Palace sides."
Shopping at The Mall Road:
- The street market there is the greatest, and you can get some fantastic prices on apparel, presents, and accessories there.
- Keep an eye out for the quaint stores selling handcrafted woollens that will keep you toasty throughout the bitter weather.
- You may also buy the best Jamawar shawls from this place. Additionally, it contains the Tibetan market, where you may buy various fascinating things.
- This well-known shopping district displays a variety of goods. Including Tibetan prayer wheels, electronic products, bronze statues, ceramic vases, colourful fabrics, and these.
Highlights of The Mall Road:
- The cafes, resting areas, and lampposts add to the appeal of this lovely location.
- On Mall Road, there are several stores, pubs, inns, and hotels. From Mall Road, visitors can take in the Doon Valley scenery.
- You can view colonial-style buildings that would take you back in time all the way from the Library End to the other side of the alley.
- There is a skating rink available, and the roadside restaurants serve delectable food.
Visit Mussoorie's oldest book depot:
One of Mussoorie's oldest bookstores, the Cambridge Book Depot, is open to book enthusiasts. It contains a variety of Ruskin Bond's novellas and includes a large number of books. Every Saturday between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m., the author stops by this store and kindly autographs books for customers.
- Lal Tibba (5.8 km)
- Company Garden (18.7 km)
- Kempty Falls (14.6 km)
- Sir George Everest House (6.4 km)
- Kebab Hub (1.5 km)
- Shiwu Corner (1.1 km)
- Chef Table Cafe (1.6 km)
- Cafe Lychee Tree (1.8 km)
- Hotel Silver Rock
- Honeymoon Inn
- Tulip Inn Green Castle
- Hotel Mall Palace
Best time to visit: April to June
Distance from Library Bus Stand: 1.3 km
Ideal Duration: 1 hour
FAQ on The Mall Road, Mussoorie
How to reach The Mall Road?
The Mall, a significant thoroughfare in Mussoorie, runs through the heart of the city. The Mall is conveniently accessible from the bus stop via bicycle rickshaw or even on foot. Dehradun Train Station (31 miles) and Jolly Grant Airport are both nearby railway stations (54 kms).
What is the ideal time to visit The Mall Road?
Mussoorie Mall Road is best visited between April and June when the weather is still agreeable for a sightseeing tour. This is the perfect time of year to get away from the oppressive heat on the country's plains. The greatest time to travel here and experience the snowfall is during the winter.
What are the nearby attractions around The Mall Road?
The nearby attractions include: Lal Tibba (5.8 km), Compay Garden (18.7 km), and George Everest House (6.4 km).
What are the nearby restaurants around The Mall Road?
The nearby restaurants include: Kebab Hub (1.5 km), Shiwu Corner (1.1 km), and Chef Table Cafe (1.8 km).
What can you buy at The Mall Road that is the best?
The best items to purchase in this area include Tibetan prayer wheels, electronics, bronze statues, ceramic vases, brightly coloured fabrics, and more.
To stay hydrated, make sure you have a water bottle with you. When strolling down the mall road, wear casual attire and sturdy footwear.
By Inaaya Sharma
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com