Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Landour, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Mussoorie
Why to visit Landour
The picturesque town of Landour exudes the calmness and tranquillity of the Garhwal Himalayas. It is a town that evokes the British era and exhibits the style of architecture and culture at that time.
The Swargarohini, Banderpooch, Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and many other Himalayan peaks can be seen with the unaided eye on a clear day when Landour gives views of up to 200 kilometres.
Things to do in and around Landour:
- Watch Winterline: It is illegal to enter Landour without seeing Winterline. A combination of red, orange, and purple-colored second horizon is generated during the winter, and this phenomena is known as winterline.
- Eat in Landour Bakehouse: The Landour Bakehouse is the best spot in Landour to find desserts if you have a sugar desire. It offers a wide selection of cakes, pies, puddings, and eclairs.
- Visit Lal Tibba: The highest point in Landour is Lal Tibba. It is renowned for providing a mesmerising vista of the Himalayan peaks covered in snow. ussoorie also has numerous interesting sites to see, including Nag Tibba, Kellogg Memorial Church, and St. Paul's Church.
- Cafes of Chardukaan: The most well-liked attraction in Landour are the cafes in Chardukaan. The two oldest cafés in Landour are Anil's Cafe and Tip Top Tea Shop, both of which date back more than 50 years.
- Mussoorie (5.4 km)
- Dhanaulti (58.2 km)
- Dehradun (33.5 km)
- Tehri Lake (74. 1 km)
Hotels in Landour:
- Rokeby Manor (4 mins away)
- Doma’s Inn (8 mins away)
- Cozy Homestay (21 mins away)
- La Villa Bethany (3 mins away)
How to reach:
Landour is located about 7.5 kilometres from Mussoorie's main bus stop. To get to Landour, rent a taxi or ricksaw.
Distance from Chandigarh: 205 km
Distance from Delhi: 316 km
Best time to visit: April to June
FAQ on Landour
How to reach Landour?
Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the closest airport, and from there you can rent a cab to get you to Landour. The closest train station is also in Dehradun, and getting there by car, bus, and other modes of transportation is simple.
What time of year is ideal for visiting Landour?
All year long, Landour is nice and serene. The greatest time to visit Landour is between April and June because of the pleasant weather. While August and September are wet, they are also among the most picturesque in Landour.
What are the top attractions in Landour?
In Landour, there are lots of wonderful locations to explore. There is a lot to discover, from cathedrals to remote locations. Kellogg Church Memorial (3 mins away), Laal Tibba (7 mins away), and Ruskin Bond's favourite quaint little spot, Ivy Cottage (7 mins away), among the most visited locations.
Are there snowfalls in Landour?
Although Landour doesn't get much snow, you can still enjoy some of the other fascinating activities described in this travel advice.
What are the most popular items to purchase in Landour?
Tibetan stone jewellery, postcards, souvenirs, and fresh jams are among the many popular items available for purchase in Landour. You can also purchase wooden things, clothing, and antiques.
How can I travel around Landour?
The greatest way to experience Landour is on foot. It is a little town, and everything of importance is located within a radius of three to four kilometres. In actuality, the Upper Chukkar and Lower Chukkar Roads are home to all of the attractions. These streets are fairly level and are accessible by foot.
When visiting Landour, be sure to go around the town because it will provide you with all the information and background on the area. Since Landour is a hill station, you can bring all of your winter clothing with you when you travel there.
By Mehrosh Shamim
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com