Open Time : 7:30 a.m - 11:00 p.m
Entry : free
Address : Bhadraj Temple, Mussoorie Road, Barlow Ganj, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, India
More Travel Tips from Mussoorie
Why to visit Bhadraj Temple
A beautiful temple called Bhadraj Temple is devoted to Lord Bal Bhadra, Sri Krishna's brother and also known by the name Balram. The air and atmosphere are tranquil and peaceful because Bhadraj Temple is located on a hilltop.
Trek to Bhadraj Temple:
- An 11-kilometer hike from Clouds End will take you to Bhadraj Temple. The trip to the temple is 8 kilometers, and the trail passes past the village of Dudhli (3 km).
- A large oak woodland covers the terrain towards the peak. From the settlement of Dudhli, there are numerous pathways that go to the temple.
Highlights of the Bhadraj Temple:
- Every year, from the 15th to the 17th of August, the temple committee puts on a fair to honor the Garhwali way of life. This fair draws lots of devotees who come to ask for blessings and offer unprocessed milk to Lord Bhadraj.
- For the Van Gujjar community, who depend on their cattle for their livelihood, the temple is especially significant. To ask for the lord's help in protecting their cattle, the first milk of a cow is offered to the lord before the calf can consume it.
Details about the trek:
- Best time to visit: January to June & September to December
- Trek duration: 1 day
- Trek distance: 16 km
- Trek level: Easy to moderate
Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun Station (4 km)
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Dehradun (52 km)
FAQ on Bhadraj Temple
How far could the Bhadraj trek take us?
The Bhadraj trek covers a distance of around 16 kilometres.
When is the best time to visit Bhadraj Temple Trek?
Post-monsoon is the ideal time to visit Bhadraj Temple. This location is reachable from Mussoorie in a single day.
What are the places to visit near Bhadraj Temple?
George Everest House, Lal Tibba Scenic Point and Benog Wildlife Sanctuary are the places to visit near Bhadraj Temple.
What are the places to eat near Bhadraj Temple?
Baddi Shop and Restaurant, Rose's Restaurant and Chauhan Restaurant are the places to eat near Bhadraj Temple.
What are the places to stay near Bhadraj Temple?
Hotel Yatrik Inn, Zostel Plus Mussoorie and Hostel Tress of Heaven are the places to stay near Bhadraj Temple.
How to reach Bhadraj Temple?
You can walk or take a car to get to Bhadraj Temple. It is roughly 11 kilometres from Mussoorie and 7 kilometres from Clouds End away. It is advised that you hike rather than drive to the Bhadraj temple because the roads are poorly constructed and the ascent is steep. Without prior expertise, it is not advised to drive in such circumstances. The Jollygrant airport is the closest airport, located 62 kilometres from the cloud end. 37.7 kilometres separate the Cloud end from the Dehradun train station.
To guarantee a wonderful trek on your Bhadraj Temple Trek, be sure to bring the items like raincoats, sandals or flip-flops, snacks and water, and Waterproof and robust trekking shoes.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org