Snow point( Rohtang Pass)
Open Time : Open 24 hrs
Entry : paid
Address : Rohtang Pass, Rohtang Tunnel North Portal Approach Rd, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
More Travel Tips from Manali
Why to visit Snow point( Rohtang Pass)
- It provides breathtaking scenery as well as a variety of snow adventures such as skiing, sledding, and paragliding.
- It is a wonderful location for hikers because of alluring glaciers, majestic waterfalls, intimidating mountain peaks, and a breathtaking vista.
- The Manali – Lahaul pass, which is 117 kilometres long and passes through Bhrigu Lake and sulphur springs, Gulaba to Bhrigu Lake, and Batal to Rohtang and Jalori pass are some of the most popular trek paths.
About: Rohtang Pass, near Manali, is a charming snow-capped paradise and a popular stopover on the way to Lahaul and Spiti Valley. It is located on the Manali – Keylong route at an elevation of 3,978 meters above sea level.
Let's have a look at some fun facts about Rohtang Pass
- Due to the deaths of several people who died while crossing this dangerous mountain in inclement weather, the name Rohtang means 'ground of graves.'
- Lahaul and Spiti are connected to Kullu by this route.
- Rohtang Pass has appeared in films such as 'Jab We Met' and 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
FAQ on Snow point( Rohtang Pass)
When is the best time to go to Rohtang Pass?
The ideal and only season to travel Rohtang Pass is from June to October. During the rest of the year it is closed.
Is a Tourist Permit required for Rohtang Pass?
Yes a one-day permit is required for cabs and cars travelling to Rohtang Pass for tourism purposes. Only 800 gasoline and 400 diesel cars are permitted to move over the pass each day. On Tuesdays vehicles are not permitted because Rohtang Pass is closed for upkeep.
Is the Rohtang Pass now open?
From June through October the Rohtang Pass is open.
How to reach Rohtang Pass?
Private taxis and state buses run frequently between Manali and Rohtang Pass, a about 2-hour journey. Because of the slick roads and tight curves, it is advised that you hire a cab. The most direct route to Rohtang Pass is via Delhi. From Delhi, it will require you about 12-14 hours to go to Manali. From Delhi, Rohtang Pass is 588 kilometres via Mandi, Chandigarh, Kullu, and Manali. Joginder Nagar is the nearest station, located 104 kilometres from Manali. You can either book a taxi or catch a bus from Manali.
Rohtang is best visited during the day due to the challenging road, high altitude, and low temperature of the location. Carry warm clothing and refreshments, as well as a thermos of hot tea or coffee if feasible. It'd be the most practical up there.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org