Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Rahala Waterfalls, Leh Manali Highway, Himachal Pradesh, India
More Travel Tips from Manali
Why to visit Rahala Falls
Rahala Waterfalls is a popular picnic place for residents and visitors passing through on their way to Rohtang Pass. Because it comes from a melting glacier in the Himalayas, the water is usually frigid. The area is densely forested, with deodar and Silver Birch trees aplenty.
Highlights of the Rahala Falls:
- From several points near the waterfall, the snow-capped Himalayan peaks can be seen clearly.
- The sounds of the birds chirping, the whistling of the trees, and the trickling waterfall complement the splendour of Rahaha Falls as one explores the location.
- It is a fantastic getaway for nature lovers and photographers, as it is located at the height of roughly 9000 feet.
- The natural landscape has plenty of frames to offer, each with its own distinct quality that will captivate any visitor to Rahala Waterfalls.
- Adventurers can also hike up the cliff for a beautiful view of the cascade and the snow-capped mountain peaks.
Restaurants near Rahala Falls:
- Johnson Bar & Restaurant (0.3 km)
- The Pahadi (0.6 km)
- Forno (0.5 km)
Places to visit near Rahala Falls:
- Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa Monastery (0 m)
- Manu Temple (78 m)
- Hidimba Devi Temple (0.5 km)
FAQ on Rahala Falls
What is the best time to visit Rahala Falls?
Because the region's water levels are high the best time to see Rahala Falls is between March and October. In addition the majority of the snow in the area has melted forming rivulets and revealing the green carpet in the area.
How to reach?
On the Leh-Manali Highway Rahala Falls is about 16 kilometres from Manali. The best option of public transportation to go to the waterfall is to get a taxi. From Manali tourists can drive on the Leh-Manali route in private/self-driven vehicles
What are the places to visit near Rahala Falls?
Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa Monastery (0 m), Manu Temple (78 m) and Hidimba Devi Temple (0.5 km)are the places to visit near Rahala Falls.
What are the places to eat near Rahala Falls?
Johnson Bar & Restaurant (0.3 km), The Pahadi (0.6 km) and Forno (0.5 km)are the places to eat near Rahala Falls.
If you're going trekking, make sure you have good hiking gear, especially shoes, to ensure a safe climb up the high mountain. Trekking in groups is always a good idea. Carry warm clothing because the temperature may drop as you climb.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com