Hadimba Devi Temple
Open Time : 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Hadimba Devi Temple, Hadimba Temple Road, Old Manali, Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
Website : https://himachaltourism.gov.in/
More Travel Tips from Manali
Why to visit Hadimba Devi Temple
Hadimba Temple, built in the 16th century and situated in a gorgeous deodar forest on top of a hill in Manali, is one of the best locations to visit in Manali. Locals and tourists alike regard the temple as sacred, with pilgrims flocking to the shrine to seek Goddess Hadimba's graces.
- The temple is devoted to Goddess Hadimba, who was also the wife of Bhima, the Pandava brothers' strongest sibling.
- According to Hindu mythology, Hadimba, the giantess, pondered in this area to atone for her crimes.
- As a result, the most powerful Goddess Durga, whose 10-centimetre footprint is preserved at the temple's entrance, bestowed upon her the title of Goddess.
Attractions near Hadimba Devi Temple:
- Hadimba's Rock-Seat: As you explore the temple and take in each architectural feature, you will notice that the main sanctum contains a rock. Some think that rock is more than just a simple piece of rock; it's Hidimba's former meditation spot.
- Dedar-shaped Top: In addition to the fun facts that encourage exploration, the intricate architectural elements captivate you. You can see how folks are involved with Himachal's natural environment by looking at the deodar-shaped top.
- Navaratri: All Hindus in the country worship the goddess Durga during Navaratri, but those in Manali honour Hidimba Devi. Outside the temple, there are long lines of people, but Navaratri brings out a bigger audience.
Things to do near Hidimba Devi Temple:
- Nature Walk
Distance: 3 km from Old Manali Bus Stand
Fee: No Entry Fee (except photography)
Timings: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Best Time To Visit: May (during the Hadimba festival)
FAQ on Hadimba Devi Temple
How to reach?
This temple is about 2 kilometres from Manali's main city centre and you may get there by bus. taxi or by foot.
How ancient is Manali's Hadimba Temple?
The temple dates back over 500 years and was established by Maharaja Bahdur Singh a member of the Kullu royal line in the mid 1500s. It is one of the Himalayas' most respected temples.
What are some attractions near the Hidimba Temple?
Rohtang Pass.. Solang Valley.. Beas Kund.. Parvati Valley are some nearby attractions to explore.
What are some nearby restaurants?
Hotel Pine Valley.. Utopia Resorts. . Cafe 1947 are some nearby restaurants to eat.
The people of Manali worship Hidimba Devi in this temple during the Navaratri festival, which is the best time to visit the temple. The idol of Devi Hidimba is transported to the Dhalpur Maidan during the Dussehra festival when she blesses the ceremonial horse. This custom is known as "Ghor Puja." During Navaratri a lengthy line of devotees forms outside the Hadimba Temple.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org