Open Time : 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Kakkayam Dam, Kerala
More Travel Tips from Kozhikode
Why to visit Kakkayam
One of Kerala's top tourist destinations is the Kozhikode district, where Kakkayam Dam is situated. Kozhikode city is roughly 60 kilometres away from Kakkayam Dam. Rock climbing and hiking are both interesting things to do here. These days, ecotourism and wildlife tourism are also well known there. Elephants are among the creatures that can be seen close to the dam site.
At the very top of the dam, there is a forest office. a nice location to visit with friends and family. This dam's water is used for irrigation and for drinking. It is a beautiful location that provides tourists with a calm atmosphere and a variety of recreational activities.
Interesting facts about Kakkayam :
1) This area is used as a tourist destination since it is thought to be a home for many different animals and flora.
2) Visitors can engage in adventure sports at the location. People who enjoy hiking and other activities should take advantage of this opportunity.
3) For visitors to the Kakkayam Dam to have a fun experience, boating is available. The length of a boat safari is 15 minutes.
4) The three main tourist destinations close by are the Urukkuzhi Waterfalls, Kakkayam Valley, and Kariyathan Rock (Karyathan Mala).
5) Kozhikode's Kakkayam Dam is a well-known picnic location because of its natural beauty and variety of outdoor activities.
FAQ on Kakkayam
What hotels are near Kakkayam Dam?
Hotels near Kakkayam Dam: (11.49 km) Arayal Luxury Resort (11.35 km) Mountain Shadows Resort - Wayanad (11.93 km) Contour Island Resort & Spa
What attractions are near Kakkayam Dam?
Attractions near Kakkayam Dam: (13.76 km) Asdani Adventures (13.50 km) Banasura Sagar Dam (13.50 km) Banasura Hill
What time of year is ideal for visiting Kakkayam?
The months of April through November are ideal for visiting this location.
How Do I Get To Kakkayam?
It is well connected by roadways. The distance from Kakkayam Bus Stop to the destination is approximately 15 kilometres.
At the Kakkayam dam, boating is available to give visitors a fun experience. A 15-minute boat safari is offered. The two waterfalls, which are inaccessible by road, can be seen by boat.
By Sparsh Kapoor
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org