ISKCON Temple Kolkata
Open Time : 4:30 am – 1:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : ISKCON, Albert Road, Elgin, Calcutta, West Bengal, India
More Travel Tips from Kolkata
Why to visit ISKCON Temple Kolkata
A very spiritual location for devotees is the ISKCON Radha Krishna Temple. Additionally known as Sri Sri Radha Govind Mandir, the temple is primarily dedicated to disseminating Lord Krishna's teachings.
The main reason ISKCON was established was to disseminate Bhakti Yoga, a Hindu spiritual path, through the Bhagwad Purana and Bhagwad Geeta.
Highlights of the ISKCON Temple:
- The temple is a tranquil compound where the idols of the goddess Radha and the god Krishna are shown in the exquisitely adorned form.
- Devotees can absorb in the celestial energies of the gods in the complex's tranquil setting, which is very well-kept.
- Visitors can also participate in a 100% vegetarian sattvic supper that is prepared in hygienic conditions by the volunteers.
- Near the ISKCON Temple and ISKCON House lies the Govinda Restaurant, also affectionately referred to as Govinda's, which offers delectable vegetarian fare.
- All devotees who wish to go to the city to take part in or give prayers at the temple may stay at the ISKCON Guest House for a reasonable charge.
Festivals at ISKCON Temple:
- Chandan Yatra
- Jhulan Yatra
- Geeta Jayani
Tours arranged by ISKCON Temple:
- Mayapur Tour
- Kolkata Tour
Ideal Duration: 2-3 hours
Best time: Throughout the year
Nearest Airport: Netaji Subhas Chandra
Nearest Railway Station: Howrah, Sealdah
FAQ on ISKCON Temple Kolkata
How to reach ISKCON Temple?
One can board any bus heading toward Mullick Bazar and get off at Minto Park from Sealdah Railway Station. Minto Park is a short distance from the temple. International Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Airport To get to the temple from the airport, one can use pre-paid taxis or a rental car service (such as Ola, Uber, etc.).
What are the places to visit near ISKCON Temple?
After making a pilgrimage to the ISKCON Temple, visitors also visit other tourist attractions in Kolkata. The following tourist destinations are close to the ISKCON Temple: Victoria Memorial National Library and Netaji Bhawan.
Can I stay for free in the ISKCON temple?
You are welcome to spend three days per year at any ISKCON centre in the world.
What are the shopping places near ISKCON temple?
Foram Mall and Max are the shopping places near ISKCON Temple.
The shrine has a water facility and a shoe deposit counter. There is a small amount of parking space accessible in front of the temple. There is also a guest house nearby, and you can reserve a room there by getting in touch with the temple's administrators. There is a Govinda restaurant and bakery in the premises.
By TANISHA JAISWAL
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com