Open Time : 5:00 am – 11:30 pm
Entry : free
Address : Eden Gardens, Maidan, B.B.D. Bagh, Calcutta, West Bengal, India
More Travel Tips from Kolkata
Why to visit Eden Gardens
The Eden Gardens, Kolkata's home of cricket, is a stunning, well-kept cricket stadium situated in the B. B. D. Bagh neighborhood, close to the State Secretariat and Calcutta High Court.
Since Eden Gardens was India's first formally constructed cricket ground, it has got the name "Mecca of Indian cricket."
Highlights of Eden Gardens:
- At 50 acres, this cricket stadium is the second-largest in the world and can hold roughly 66,349 spectators
- Matches in important international tournaments, such as the World Cup, World Twenty20, and Asia Cup, have been held at Eden Gardens.
- It frequently hosts one-day, test, and T20 matches and is a very well-liked sporting venue.
- The local Bengal Cricket Team and the IPL team Kolkata Knight Riders currently call it home. Numerous Association Matches have been held at Eden Garden in the past.
Some Iconic matches played in Eden Gardens:
- 1962- India v/s England: India gained victory in this match.
- 1975- India v/s West Indies
- 1993- India v/s South Africa: India won the match by 2 runs.
- 2001- India v/s Australia:
- 2005- India v/s Pakistan:
- 2013- India v/s West Indies: This match is termed iconic as it marked the last test match played by Sachin Tendulkar in his career.
About the Entrance fee and permits at Eden Gardens:
- The garden is open to everyone, however, access to the stadium is limited and only allowed during games. For live games, tickets can be purchased online.
- The Eden Gardens Stadium is currently a well-liked location for concerts and exhibitions in addition to sporting events, so you can visit at that time.
FAQ on Eden Gardens
What are the places to visit near Eden Gardens ?
Princep Ghat, BBD Bagh, Victoria Memorial, Birla Planetarium, St. Paul’s Cathedral and Fort William are located near Eden Gardens.
When is the best time to visit Eden Garden?
The ideal time to visit this location is in the evening. You may schedule a trip here at any time of year because the weather is good.
How to reach Eden Gardens?
It is conveniently accessible by taxi or local bus from all the major sections of the city and is located on Strand Road. Park Street is the closest metro station to Eden Gardens and is roughly a 15-minute walk away.
Is food permitted in Eden Gardens?
Food is not permited inside the Eden Garden but you can purchases from the garden premises.
What restaurants are near Eden Gardens?
Restaurants near Eden Gardens: (0.25 km) Aminia (0.28 km) Sufi Palace (0.28 km) Himalaya Restaurant
What hotels are near Eden Gardens?
The Lindsay, Polo Floatel and Centre Point Inn are the hotels near eden Gardens.
When there are no matches taking place, you can visit the stadium. You must obtain authorization from the CAB, or Cricket Association of Bengal, in order to do so. The stadium solely allows spectators; playing is not permitted there.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com