Toy Train Ride
Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : Paid
Address : Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh, India
More Travel Tips from Kasauli
Why to visit Toy Train Ride
The most breathtaking splendor in Kasauli can be found on a toy train excursion. Tourists can ride on the ancient Kalka Shimla Toy railway on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The five-and-a-half-hour toy train ride offers exclusive services and is a must-do when exploring the Northern mountain range.
The information about the three main tourist train services that operate along the Kalka Shimla railway route is as follows:
Rail motor vehicle:
- The Rail Motor Car is a single coach train that travels from Kalka to Shimla and back, offering one of India's most popular rail rides.
- The Rail Motor Car, which can accommodate 14 to 18 passengers, also offers an express service with food delivered.
Shivalik Deluxe Express
- It provides comfortable travel from Kalka to Shimla and vice versa. It is furnished with a carpet, huge glass windows, soft cushioned seats, updated restrooms, and calming music.
- In addition to having wall-to-wall carpeting, curtains, and pictures, it is exquisitely designed with all wooden furniture.
- The train can accommodate 120 passengers and has a comfortable seating arrangement.
- To ensure that the passengers have a comfortable ride, the train only has one chair coach and offers standard car seats.
- Although there is no food service in the Himalayan Queen train, passengers can purchase food at any of the 9 major stations where the train stops.
Best Time To Visit: April to June & September to November
Timings: The train times are always shifting. For updated timings, check the website
Charges: Rail Motor Car (INR 320/- for adults and INR 160/- for children), Shivalik Deluxe Express (INR 510 for adults and INR 255 for children), and Himalayan Queen (INR 470/- for adults and INR 235 for children)
Location: Dharampur Railway Station, Himachal Pradesh
FAQ on Toy Train Ride
How can reach Kasauli from Kalka by train?
The nearest railway station in North India is Dharampur, located about 9 km from Kasauli. The toy train from Kalka to Shimla stops at Dharampur railway station.
How do I take the train to Kasauli?
There isn't a train station in Kasauli itself. Kalka is the closest and one of the most significant rail hubs in north India. Kalka, which is around 40 miles from Kasauli town, provides regular train service between Kasauli and places like Amritsar, Delhi, Kolkata, Chandigarh, and Mumbai.
Which toy train is best from Kalka to Shimla?
Shivalik Deluxe Express Special (04527) -- is timed to connect with the Netaji Express Howrah-Kalka Mail train, which comes from Kolkata via Delhi.
When is the best time to travel on Kalka Shimla toy train?
April to June & September to November is the best time to travel on Kalka Shimla toy train.
The Kalka Shimla Toy Train offers additional holiday services in addition to its regular train service during the peak season, which typically runs from May to January.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org