Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Chittaranjan Park, New Delhi, Delhi, India
More Travel Tips from Delhi
Why to visit Chittaranjan Park
Chittaranjan Park (also known as C.R. Park) is a wealthy and upmarket suburb in South East Delhi with a diverse Bengali population. CR Park contains the famed Maa Kali temple, the archetypal Bengali addas, the alleys studded with small shopping shops, and everything that is Bengal, and it would be a mistake not to absorb in the rich tradition and culture from this microcosm of Bengal.
Why is Chittaranjan Park famous?
- One of the city's major freshwater fish markets, which is a crucial component of Bengali cuisine, a large Kali temple, a number of cultural institutions, and four major marketplaces are all located in Chittaranjan Park.
- Every year, thousands of people from all across Delhi gather in C.R. Park to celebrate Durga Puja.
Things to do at Chittaranjan Park:
- You can eat Calcutta-style street food, including chops, cutlets, Kathi rolls, phuchka, and jhaalmuri, as well as sweets made in Bengal.
- You may be sure that the Shambhu Book booth won't let you down if you're looking for regional Bengali periodicals or newspapers.
- There are numerous boutiques including Slice Of Bengal and Peeli Kothi near CR Park Market No. 2.
Famous Cuisines: Street food, Bengali, Bengali Sweets
Best Picks: Raju Puchka Wala, Kolkata Hot Kathi Roll, Mad About Momos, Annapurna Sweet House
Nearest Metro station: Greater Kailash
FAQ on Chittaranjan Park
What are the places to visit near Chittaranjan Park, Delhi?
Lotus Temple, Shri Kalkaji Mandir. and ISKCON Temple are the places to visit near Chittaranjan Park, Delhi.
What are the places to stay near Chittaranjan Park, Delhi?
Hotel Rockland, Tatvamasi Homestay and Kastor Hotel are the places to stay near Chittaranjan Park, Delhi.
How to reach Chittaranjan Park, Delhi?
The closest train station to Chittaranjan Park is hazrat nizamuddin, which is just kilometres away. Chittaranjan Park is only 15 kilometres from the indira gandhi international airport. Greater Kailash Station on the Magenta Line, Hauz Khas Station on the Yellow Line, and Kailash Colony Station on the Violet Line of the Delhi Metro are all within a 5 km radius of each other.
What are the places to eat in Chittaranjan Park, Delhi?
Kolkata Biryani House, Punjabi Zaika and Raju Chaat Corner are the places to eat in Chittaranjan Park, Delhi.
The best time to visit is during the festive season because the city has several festivals and cultural activities.
By TANISHA JAISWAL
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com