St. Francis Catholic Church
Open Time : 7 a.m. to 7 p.m
Entry : Free
Address : GXM8+XG8, DFO Rd, Moti Tiba, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176305
More Travel Tips from Dalhousie
Why to visit St. Francis Catholic Church
St. Francis Church was constructed in 1894. The St. Francis Xavier Church is a magnificent structure located on Subhas Chowk in Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh. It is an amazing structure that represents the true essence of Christianity.
Things to do at St. Francis Catholic Church?
- Offer your prayers to the almighty.
- Take note of the lovely chandeliers and the stone structure.
- Look through the colourful Belgian glass adorning every wall to see Dalhousie as a rainbow.
- Allow the music of the choir to flow through your heart and mind, making you feel peaceful and rejuvenated.
Interesting facts about St. Francis Catholic Church
- It was entirely funded by army officials and civilians.
- It was built in the style of British architecture. As a result, it bears a striking resemblance to many Catholic churches in the United Kingdom.
- It has a lovely representation of intricate stone structures.
- When sunlight shines through the colourful Belgium glass decorations, it creates a pattern of beautiful colours.
- Subhas Baoli
- John’s Church
How to reach?
Fortunately, getting to Subhas Chowk via public or private transportation is not difficult. You can easily find your way to the majestic church after getting off at Subhas Chowk.
Entry Fees : Nil
Best time to visit : Any time of the year.
Visiting Duration : 2-3 hours on average
FAQ on St. Francis Catholic Church
When is the best time to visit St. Francis Catholic Church?
You are welcome to visit the church at any time of year that is convenient for you.
What is the opening time of St. Francis Catholic Church
The church opens around 7 in the morning and closes around 7 in the evening.
What are the best things to do in St. Francis Catholic Church?
You can offer your prayers to the almighty and have a look through the colourful Belgian glass adorning every wall to see Dalhousie as a rainbow.
What are the Restaurants near St. Francis Catholic Church?
Some of the best rated restaurants near St. Francis Catholic Church are Sher e Punjab and Dawat Restaurant.
Wearing black is not recommended. If you forget to bring candles, you can purchase them from the small shops outside the church gate. If you want to attend Sunday mass, arrive on time. Keep track of the restricted areas so you don't make the mistake of attempting to take a photograph there.
By Tanisha Vishwakarma
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at firstname.lastname@example.org