Open Time : 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Madikeri Fort, Fort, Stuart Hill, Madikeri, Karnataka, India
More Travel Tips from Coorg
Why to visit Madikeri Fort
A fort featuring a temple, church, jail, museum, and library is fairly appealing, especially to history buffs. The Fort has been built and rebuilt numerous times, and each king from illustrious dynasties has used it in a way that seemed appropriate in their eyes.
The massive Fort, which was constructed against a backdrop of lush mountains and an open sky, reminds one of a bygone period. With ornate pillars and checkerboard floor designs, the granite fort was created in the European style.
Things to see inside the Madhikeri Fort:
- You will notice two mortar elephants that are scaled to life-size as you enter the fort.
- The British razed a Virabhadra temple that was located inside the inner fort in 1855 in order to make room for an Anglican church.The Gothic-styled church has stunning architecture.
- It is now a museum that provides visitors with a variety of antiques relating to the Coorg region.
Things to do near Madhikeri Fort:
- Spending a day in the Nagarhole National Park's wildness will teach you to remain grounded and modest in the face of mother nature's majesty.
- Several strong kings and rulers have ruled over Kodagu. Several historical monuments bear the imprint of their lives, as well as of their ascent and fall, victories, and defeats.
- There are a number of temples close to Madikeri Fort that are devoted to various local deities.
Entrance timings and fee at Madhikeri Fort:
Visit Madikeri Fort without paying a charge. The timings for Madikeri Fort are 10 in the morning to 5:30 in the evening. Mondays are a holiday.
FAQ on Madikeri Fort
How to reach Madhikeri Fort?
The Madikeri Fort can be readily accessible by any type of public transportation from almost anywhere in the entire town because it is situated in the town's centre.
When is the best time to visit Madhikeri Fort?
As the monsoon passes from October to May, the weather becomes agreeable and comfortable for leisurely Fort exploration.
What hotels are near Madikeri Fort?
Hotels near Madikeri Fort: Four Winds Estate, Coffeecadu EstateStay and Bethri River Side Holidays
What restaurants are near Madikeri Fort?
Restaurants near Madikeri Fort: (0.09 km) Bigcup cafe (4.25 km) Green Cardamom by Club Mahindra Madikeri, Karnataka (0.67 km) Big Cup Cafe
A photographer's paradise, Madikeri offers a variety of subjects to photograph, including animals, sunsets, historical sites, and villages. Along the many hills and different terrains of Madikeri, go hiking, trekking, or just take a simple nature route.
By Abhilasha Prasad
Disclaimer: Please note that the content of this blog/article including links, texts, images, and graphics is only meant for informational purposes. We do not intend to infringe any copyright policy or do not possess any third-party material. If you have issues related to any of our content or images, kindly drop your message at email@example.com