Open Time : Open 24 hours
Entry : free
Address : Sankey Tank, Kodandarampura, Malleswaram, Bengaluru, Karnataka
More Travel Tips from Bangalore
Why to visit Sankey Tank
Sankey Tank, which is situated in Bangalore's western region, is close to the communities of Vyalikaval, Malleshwaram, and Sadashivanagar. Sankey Tank, a man-made lake covering roughly 37.5 acres, is one of the most well-liked hangout spots in Bangalore.
What makes Sankey Tank popular?
- The lake draws people who are searching for some fun-filled activities and is the ideal location for nature lovers to relax for a while in the middle of rejuvenating nature and peaceful surroundings.
- Visitors can ride in a variety of boats, including row boats, pedal boats, and motor boats, thanks to the Mayura Sankey Boat Club.
- The island, which is situated in the middle is accessible by boat for a little fee. KSTDC oversees this boat club's operations.
- This area provides its residents with a variety of leisure opportunities in addition to boating. On the southern side, there is a lovely park with a swimming pool.
- A nursery for the Forest Department is on the northern side. Additionally, there are shaded paths that are perfect for jogging early in the day.
How to reach Sankey Tank?
- Sankey Tank is conveniently located within the city. One can drive alone, hire a cab, or use local transportation to get there.
- On the route, a number of BMTC buses are also accessible. All local transportation options provide excellent access to the location.
Best Time to Visit: Evening.
Price: INR 10 (Adults) and INR 5 (Children). One can also opt for boating which is INR 10 per person.
Timings: All days of the week except Fridays.
Average time required to visit the place: 1 to 2 hours.
Distance from Kempe Gowda Bus stand: Approximately 6 KM.
FAQ on Sankey Tank
What are the places to visit near Sankey Tank?
Bengaluru Palace, Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath and Radha Krishna Temple ISKCON are the places to visit near Sankey Tank.
What are the restaurants near Sankey Tank?
Sattvam Restaurant, Mint Masala and Pulimunchi are the restaurants near Sankey Tank.
How to reach Sankey Tank?
Sankey Tank is conveniently located within the city. One can drive alone, hire a cab, or use the local transportation to get there. On the route, a number of BMTC buses are also accessible. All local transportation options provide excellent access to the location.
When is the best time to visit Sankey Tank?
Due to the cold weather, summer is the best season to visit this stunning location. The tank can be present at any time of the year because Bangalore continually has a beautiful climate. To avoid inclement weather while visiting the tank, which is a great location for sightseeing and outdoor activities like boating.
It is advised to go to the tank in the evening so that you may take in the splendour of the sunset. After dark one may also view the melodic fountains, a more recent addition to Sankey Tank.
By Jasmine Kaur