Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park
Open Time : 7:00 am to 7:30 pm
Entry : paid
Address : Indiragandhi Musical Fountain Park, Raj Bhavan Road, Opposite to Jawahar Lal Nehru Planetarium, Vasanth Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
More Travel Tips from Bangalore
Why to visit Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park
The park was created in 1995 and is situated in the heart of the city on a 17-acre stretch of lush greenery. One of the best, largest, and most technologically sophisticated melodic dancing fountains in the nation is housed there.
The Karnataka Horticulture Department is responsible for the park's exquisitely designed gardens and trees. The National Military Memorial, a 7.5-acre expanse of beautiful greenery created as a homage to the nation's war heroes, is next to the park.
Dancing Fountain Show:
- The park's multimedia dancing fountain performance, which combines the ideal amount of music, lighting, and special effects, is what makes it so well-known.
- It has more than 1000 nozzles and is known to be able to produce 15 different water formations and about 27 different combinations.
- The park hosts two nighttime performances of dancing fountain shows, each lasting approximately 30 minutes.
- The programme opens and closes with patriotic songs like Vandematharam and Saare Jehan Se Achcha, and the rest is a combination of well-known Bollywood music and Kannada songs.
How to reach?
- Nearest Railway Station: Cantonment Railway Station (2 km)
- Nearest Airport: Kempegowda International Airport (34 km)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium (130 m)
- National Gallery of Modern Art (1 km)
- Bangalore Turf Club (1 km)
- Cubbon Park (1.5 km)
- Vidhan Soudha (1.5 km)
- Guilt Free (0.4 km)
- Hard Rock Cafe (0.7 km)
- Eden Park Bar and Restaurant (0.3 km)
- Tiger Trail (0.4 km)
- INR 30/- for adults; children under the age of 10 enter free.
- Since there is no official website for the venue, you can get tickets by calling the number provided below.
Dancing Fountain Timing: 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm; except Mondays and second Tuesdays.
FAQ on Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park
How to reach Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park?
On T. Chowdaiah Road, directly across from the Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, is the fountain park. Take the metro and exit at the Indranagar, also known as CMH Road, metro station on the purple line, which is the closest. You can take a local rickshaw or an auto to get to the park, which is around 6 kilometres from the station.
What are the nearby attractions close to Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park?
The nearby attractions include: Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium (130 m), National Gallery of Modern Art (1 km), and Bangalore Turf Club (1 km).
What are the nearby restaurants close to Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain Park?
The nearby restaurants include: Guilt Free (0.4 km), Hard Rock Cafe (0.7 km), and Eden Park Bar and Restaurant (0.3 km).
How long is the Fountain Show at the Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain?
The ideal duration of the fountain show is 30 minutes.
What time does the Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain perform?
The programme runs from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m., although there is no performance on Mondays and second Tuesdays.
At the Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain, what is the cost of parking?
Bicycles cost Rs. 1, two-wheelers cost Rs. 2, automobiles cost Rs. 5, matadors/vans cost Rs. 10, minibus cost Rs. 15, and buses cost Rs. 25 for parking.
While photography is free, videography is strictly forbidden.
By Inaaya Sharma