Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum
Open Time : 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Entry : free
Address : Maharaja Ranjit Singh War Museum, Bhattian, Ludhiana, Punjab, India
More Travel Tips from Amritsar
Why to visit Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum
The Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum, which replaced the Ram Bagh Palace in 1997, was constructed to house the various artefacts and other belongings of the Maharaja Ranjit Singh and is currently one of the most popular tourist destinations in Amritsar.
The upper floor of the museum is one of the best sites to visit because there are six paintings on show there depicting the many wars of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. One of the most picturesque locations in Amritsar is the museum, which features two structures with dome shapes and a large tower.
Highlights of the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum:
- The Maharaja's armour, weapons, and other personal things are all displayed in the museum.
- Fantastic artwork, numerous manuscripts, and old coins from various ages are also on show. This is a reflection of the Maharaja's secular nature and the lengthy history of the Sikh region.
- The majority of the paintings show scenes from the palace and camp of the Sikh ruler. The one showing the city of Lahore is the one that is most well-known to onlookers out of all of them.
- The renowned Rambagh Gardens, known for its statue of the fabled monarch and his horse, surround the palace.
Entrance fee and timings at Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum:
- The timing to visit the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum are 10 AM to 5 PM. On Monday, the museum is still closed.
- The entrance fee to the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum varies depending on age. Adults pay Rs. 40 per person, while children pay Rs. 10 per person and children under the age of five are free.
FAQ on Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum
How to reach Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum?
Sri Guru Ram Das Jee International Airport is located in Amritsar and is just a few kilometres from the city centre. It is the most effective and efficient way to get here. The major cities of this nation, like as Delhi, Hyderabad, Agra, Chandigarh, and others, are easily accessible from Amritsar Railway Station. Buses are available from Jammu, Patiala, Ambala, Chandigarh, and Delhi, or one can bring their own vehicle.
What is the nearest attraction to visit from Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum?
You can go to the Maharaja Ranjit Singh fort, popularly known as Qila Gobindgarh, in addition to the Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum in Amritsar.
What restaurants are near Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum?
Restaurants near Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum: Pizza Hut, Wow Vada Pav and Food Corner
What hotels are near Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum?
Hotels near Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum: (0.07 km) One Earth Avaas (0.25 km) Humble Hotels Amritsar (0.21 km) Hotel Lawrence
The winter season is seen in Amritsar from November to March. The weather is at its most agreeable and delightful since it is the greatest time to visit. Even if the museum's treasures are best seen during the idealistic days, the evenings may turn incredibly chilly, with lows of just 4 degrees Celsius. Also, photography is prohibited.
By Abhilasha Prasad